cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for upgrading clients to 8.0

DoubleP
Level 5

Hello, we're currently in the process of upgrading to 8.0.

Our master servers, all linux, and OPSCenter have all been upgraded. We are currently partially through upgrading our media servers (linux and appliances).

The next step will be the upgrade to the clients (a mixture of linux and windows boxes). This portion will be done by our SA group (my team does not have access /permissions to these boxes). I'm trying to find documentation for this, so that the SAs can tackle their part. In the upgrade guide (https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/ka6j00000000AJ2AAM ) , there are chapters for Master Servers and Media Servers, but I'm not finding any section for Clients (either linux and windows).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited
5 REPLIES 5

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per above post, simply use the installation steps for clients.

For Windows clients, you can select multiple clients when you start the installation program on a Windows server or client.

For Unix/Linux, you can run update_clients from a Unix/Linux server, provided the client software for all of your different 'flavour' Unix/Linux clients is installed on the server. 

See this topic in the Installation Guide: 
Upgrading clients after servers are upgraded

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You might want to give LiveUpdate a go. It's a pretty neat feature which allows unattended upgrades but it needs an HTTP server to be built or be available for the NBU client to use.

Thanks.

Thanks