cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Netbackup 7.1 BMR mediaboot support Solaris 10 update 8?

mlinh_nguyen
Level 2

Hi all,

As i know, In 7.0.1 version, Netbackup does not support BMR with media boot for Solaris 10 update 8 (just update 7 or earlier is supported).

Now we has 7.1 version, does it support?

Thanks you 

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have a look at this section in NetBackup 7 Operating System (CL) for Client,Server,Dedupe,OpsCenter,BMR,SAN Client,MSEO:    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

2. PRIOR to NetBackup 7.0.1 a failure may occur during Share Resource Tree creation and restore of Solaris 10-Update 8, BMR clients, on SPARC (sun4u and sun4v) and x64 processor types.
BMR is unable to create SRTs (network and media) using the Solaris 10-Update 8 media that Sun Microsystems recently released. In some cases, the SRT creation works. However, a BMR restore of the Solaris 10-Update 8 client might not complete successfully, and result in an unusable system.
If you encounter this type of issue, use a Solaris 10, Update-7 SRT to perform a BMR-based restore of a Solaris 10, Update 8 server.

mlinh_nguyen
Level 2

Thank you, i read that document before. But it just tell about 7.0.1 version, i want to know: Is BMR boot media with Solaris 10-Update 8 supported by 7.1 version? (7.0.1 is not, what about 7.1?)

Thanks and best regards

Suchitra
Level 4
Employee

Yes. BMR supports Solaris 10- Update 8 and Update 9 media based boot with NetBackup 7.1.

Thanks

Suchitra

mlinh_nguyen
Level 2

Really? Oh, thanks much, that's what info i need. Anyway, do you have any documentation proof that?

Regards