cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Netbackup 7.7.3 supports Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 as Master and Media server

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello 

I would like to know if Netbackup 7.7.3 supports Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 as Master and Media server. Because under software compatibility list it is in the list. But it has 2 notices related to Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.

1. NetBackup 7.7.2 and later does not support NetBackup Master Server and BMR Server on this operating system and CPU architecture.

2. NetBackup Master and Media servers are supported on both the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Kernel and the Oracle Red Hat Compatible Kernel.

Please let us know if the current combination is supported or not.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems you found the answer:

1. NetBackup 7.7.2 and later does not support NetBackup Master Server and BMR Server on this operating system and CPU architecture.

Just to confirm, see https://sort.veritas.com/nbufutureplans 
It lists the Last Supported Release as NBU 7.7.1. 

Hello Marianne,

Thank you for quick response. As you hightlighted first point which says it is not supported but it is confusing if I read the 2nd point that it supports so I am not really sure which point to believe.

Marianne

Point 2 is about alternate Kernel versions that are still supported.

So the way I read point 2 is that Oracle Linux with either Oracle Unbreakable Linux Kernel or Oracle Red Hat Compatible Kernel is still supported with NBU 7.7.2 and later.

Mike_Gavrilov

WikiDonor, these [1] and [2] are notes. You need to read them this way.

Does NBU supports Oracle Linux? -Yes, but there are two notes.

NetBackup supports both kerenel types. But starting from 7.7.2 Oracle Linux is no longer supported as Master and BMR server (but still supported as a clinet or Media server). They wrote it because thay had to say that 7.7.1 supports Oracle Linux as a Master and BMR server.