cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Netbackup java console required any license ?

shailmgm1
Level 2

I want to get confirmation that Netbackup java console does not required any license to install this on any machine. Please confirm. I need the artifacts so that I can show that to higher management.

6 REPLIES 6

P_Kesavan
Level 4
Certified

Hi ,

NBU Java console does not a license to be installed in your desktops.

NOTE:

Java supports only x64 platforms , make sure you have the desktops with x64bit OS.

Kesavan.P

Need some artifacts...specially any link would be apriciated.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

no license required. It is easily googable:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000068277

There is no word about "Java console", but note about "Remote Administration Console" could be applied.

Regards

Michal

Venkatesh_K
Level 5

you dont need licence to install Java or the NBU client...

vedara
Level 4

No License is required for the remote administration console for managing the backup and restore activities.

Below link gives more details about the administration console-

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000112779

Regards

Vinod Kumar Edara

Regards
Vinod Kumar Edara

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

No license required to install Java Admin Console, but this does assume that you have a license to install and operate a NetBackup Server (either capacity based, or traditional "NetBackup Server" count based).

The post above is misleading.  You don't need a license to actually installl NetBackup Client, but you do need a license to "operate and use" NetBackup Client - again either capacity based, or traditional client count based.

Now then, the act of installing an instance of NetBackup Client on any given machine could be construed as "intent to backup"... so if you have a traditional license count based site, then it is probably best not to install any more actual instances of NetBackup Client than you actually own... because if it's not installed, then it can't be used - and so this is one more step towards avoiding license over usage, the penalties of which can be quite severe.