cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doest NBU Vault profile duplicates images imported by AIR.

Anuj_Kr
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I have two Master server each at DC and DR. each master server has an applicane with AIR configured. I am replicating DC to DR using AIR. At DR again I am trying to use Vault profile to duplication all Monthly_Full schedule to Tape. 

I do have approx 5 to 8 TB month end backup every month, but my Vault are not picking those for duplication.

I was looking for info whether Vault can duplicate images which has "Image Type" as "Imported", but I do not see any such info on Admin guide or google.

Your input will be highly appriciated...

BR,

Anuj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hmm, from Annu post it seems it is possible, thinking about it, if you set up vault to select images from certain clients it should work.

To be honest though, easier to make the copy from SLP, and just eject via vault.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I don't think so, you could add another job to the import SLP, to make the duplication. 

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why are you trying to use Vault to put it on tape? Just add a duplication function to the import one that is already in your DR site SLPs.

Anuj_Kr
Level 4
Partner Accredited

This is case with one of my customer...

he is replicating all schedules from DC to DR.... but on DR, he want to vault only Monthly_Full schedules on Tape.... 

So he applied Vault instead to duplicating it from import SLP...   

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So create an SLP for the Monthly, and add Duplication to tape.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hmm, from Annu post it seems it is possible, thinking about it, if you set up vault to select images from certain clients it should work.

To be honest though, easier to make the copy from SLP, and just eject via vault.

Anuj_Kr
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks Riyaan and Martin for your involvement...  we finally replaced vault configuration with duplication under Import SLP...

Thanks again for you valuable time...

Anuj***