cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Display Option Advanced Disk

admin_bkp007
Level 4

 Hi guys, I need help to understand something very strange...my master server is Windows Server 2012 R2 with NBU 8.2 and as you can see when I try to create Advanced Disk don't see this option and is so hard to understand, I don't no the reason this option is not display.

PS: I have other environment with same configuration abou OS and version NBU and display this option normally, any idea? Thanks.

no_advanceddisk.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

X2
   VIP   

@admin_bkp007 Do you have the Flexible Disk Option licensed for this installation?

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @admin_bkp007 

Assuming you have the license to enable the feature (which it apears you must as you have PureDisk as an option), you first need to create an AdvancedDisk storage server and diskpool before you can create a storage unit. 

The simplest way is to use the wizard "Configure DIsk Storage Servers" (if this is greyed out, then you don't have the license for this option. The wizard is availble from the first or top splash screen in the Java GUI. The wizard will guide you through creating the storage server, then diskpool and finally the storage unit.

David

admin_bkp007
Level 4

Sorry, but I'm trying answer but I don't know what is happen...BTW....my license is "full" and apply for all my masters servers, so yes I have license for Flexible Disk Option.

I'll check this option with support Veritas..thanks guys.

X2
   VIP   

@admin_bkp007 update the discussion here when you have the solution. It helps others in future.