cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading NBU Software

ydavid1
Level 3

Good Day, 

I have a NBU server that is 7.5.0.7.  I need to downgrade it to 7.5.0.4.   Do I have to uninstall and re-install to downgrade or can I just remove maitnence packs to downgrade? 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

Yes, you can downgrade from 7.5.0.7 to 7.5.0.4 by uninstalling maintenance packs. Back when those were current versions, I did it many times.

Why do you need to do so? Is this master server, media server, or client? You will lose MSDP performance improvements on a media server. On an Exchange client, you will lose Exchange 2013 support. Otherwise, you will lose a lot of fixes from 7.5.0.4 to 7.5.0.7.

Thank you, Lowell.  I have a Boot server server that is 7.5.0.4 and a client that is 7.5.0.7.   I do not have time to build new SRT's so I want to downgrade the client to move forward with the BMR.  If you would, please point me to a Veritas tech note to explane the process.  I am also looking online.  

Thank you again. 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You did not mention the OS on the client.
The method is different for Windows client and Unix/Linux clients.

Client software uninstall and reinstall is quick and easy. You could've been done with that in the time it took to look for downgrade info.
Or created a new SRT.

PS:
Are you aware that all NBU versions up to 7.6.x ran out of support on 1 Feb 2017?

Generally, you do not have to downgrade the maintenance version (7.5.0.7) on your client so long as the feature version (7.5.0) is not ahead of your NetBackup servers. I am not familiar with BMR, so I can't say whether it is a special case.

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

like @Lowell_Palecek said you dont need to downgrade. For SRTs check documentations. SRTs for Windows I importet in the past. Much faster than create a new one.

ciao