cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download netbackup enterprise server

NHL
Level 4

Hi

we have netbackup 6.5.5 enterprise server and have just found a need to install the client agent on a rhel u2 x86 server, and lo and behold we cannot find the original install media.

Is there a link on symantec to download the full software and not just the updates anywhere?

Many thanks
Nick .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The TN referred by you (from my BLOG) applies to Backup Exec not to NetBackUp.

Backup Exec can be downloaded for free and do not require any serial number. But for downloading NBU you need to have serial number.

Where and how to download NBU licensed product: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63434

I believe you can find the serial number from your purchase order.

Regards....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you have your NBU serial number you can download from fileconnect.symantec.com

NHL
Level 4

Hi Kiran

thanks for your response, however, I followed your link, went through "Handy BackUpExec Links", from there I went to TECH138264 note, but on there I can't find any links for downloading the netbackup version 6.5.5, only version 7.

Where am I going wrong?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The TN referred by you (from my BLOG) applies to Backup Exec not to NetBackUp.

Backup Exec can be downloaded for free and do not require any serial number. But for downloading NBU you need to have serial number.

Where and how to download NBU licensed product: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63434

I believe you can find the serial number from your purchase order.

Regards....

NHL
Level 4

Ah that looks promising, many thanks. I just need to get the office to give me the serial number, as all I have is the licence keys.

Thanks again
Nick .

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You need to download 6.5/6.5.5 installable from fileconnect.symantec.com site. This site will ask you serial number, note that this is not serial key which you use for installing NBU rather it is serial number which is there in your paper license against NBU product line item.

Even if you get 6.5 installable you can later apply MP5 which cal be downloaded from support site.

Hope this helps.

NHL
Level 4

Yep all done as suggested by yourself and Kiran. Downloading 6.5 now.

Thanks both for your help
NICK.