cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading the trail version of veritas netbackup 7

peng_zhang
Level 3
In 2010, in  which address I  could  download the  trail version  of  veritas netbackup 7?

I've been using veritas  netbackup 6.5.4 + vmware vshpere, using   the vdr to  backup vms.

Backuping vms with
Netbackup 6.5.4  require too much disk  space.

VDR can not back up other content in windows, resulting in I had two data backup centers. Depressed.

To find a lot of addresses, and  not now.

14 REPLIES 14

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
here: 7.0 Download Information

or probably speak to your Symantec Sales Rep (evaluation license?)

peng_zhang
Level 3
I do not know how to get serial number, And I had not bought any veritas software .

thanks for your reply.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"And I had not bought any veritas software"

& yet

"I've been using veritas  netbackup 6.5.4"

peng_zhang
Level 3
So sorry. I forgot to say clearly. Netbackup 6.5.4 + vmware vshpere my previous company to do the program.   now in my new company, the company has not bought. Netbackup. I can not use The first  company's serial number or something like that.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
I think your only option will be to speak to Symantec/Sales Rep & get the software & 30-day evaluation license off them. This will enable you to try out all the features you want for a limited period & so then decide which features you will require to purchase licenses for.

peng_zhang
Level 3

DL-ENG-NBU-Early-Release@symantec.com   I have to send a message, but has not yet received any reply. In addition, in our country, I contact Symantec sales staff, they say, has not yet released .

So, I only go to  get the  demand for Symantec's support forum  U.S.A

peng_zhang
Level 3
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-7-known-issues#comment-3545731

gavrilov
11 weeks 5 days ago

I'm already downloading 7.0

I'm already downloading 7.0 :) Thank you for good advice :)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
NB7.0 is available for download via the fileconnect site. But as you haven't either "an upgrade or purchase letter" I still think you need to speak to Symantec or a third-party reseller.

I also believe that the version gavrilov was downloading will have been via the First Availability program (essentially beta testing the GA software) which has subsequently finished.

peng_zhang
Level 3
thanks

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Pleasure.

Will_Restore
Level 6
Will this trail version get me out of the woods?  :)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
:p

SteveYu
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
1) Netbackup 7 FA has been available for a little while (not to long) and is the same code as GA will be 

2) I am not 100% on this but I do not believe the localization is 100% available for the FA release. So it is not surprising that other countries sales reps stand behind it is not available

peng_zhang
Level 3

Larry Temple has give me a mail; 

I encourage you to read  “Top Seven Reasons to Move to Symantec NetBackup™7”
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/341275

I go to the web  http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/341272.

I don't have a serial number to obtain the netbackup 7 in file connect. 

In fact, I just tested the software . In order to provide a basis for
procurement. As for the Chinese \ English, does not matter.