cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drupal install on NetBackup?

cyberninja
Level 6

Hello,

A security scanner says all of our media servers have Drupal installed on them. Is this a part of Ops Center? Has anyone had this issue?

Basicly I just want to know if it is part of NetBacku in some way or not. If this is a false postive then I need figure out why it is saying I have this installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cyberninja
Level 6

This what I got so far.

It looks like the Retina Scanner thinks that Drupal runs on TCP port 5637. I have not found any info on the venders site, to say that Drupal uses this as a default port. The NetBackup Cloud Storage Service Container service (nbcssc) uses port 5637, as a default.

So the NetBackup Cloud Storage Service, which we were not using, was flagged as a Drupal on TCP port 5637. We uninstalled the NetBackup Cloud Storage Service to fix this issue.

I hope this info helps someone.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Never heard of it before.  So I searched the internal DB, no hits at all for Durpal and NetBackup, apart from one where the case notes contained a URL that had the work Durpal in it, so that doesn't count ....

So I'm going to suggest not.

cyberninja
Level 6

Thanks for looking into it. We think that it is a false positve. But all of our NetBackup servers came up with this hit.

cyberninja
Level 6

I also posted this question on the Retina Forums.

http://forums.eeye.com/index.php?/topic/2950-drupal-result-on-netbackup-servers/

jim_dalton
Level 6

If you search for Durpal you wouldnt mph999...you need to search for Drupal! So for clarification did you search for Drupal but just typed Durpal in the forum?

Jim

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I think we can confidently state that NEITHER "Drupal" or "Durpal" appears in any NetBackup documentation...or in NetBackup, for that matter.  ;)

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Well spotted, it was a mis-type on the forum only.

cyberninja
Level 6

Thanks,

I just wanted confirmation that Drupal was not installed with NetBackup. The Security people will want more then this post to be satisfied that drupal is not install though.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I can only suggest you log a call in that case.

cyberninja
Level 6

I did get tech support involed. It turned out that NetBackup Cloud storage service using the port as Drupal. I will gather the details and post the answer on this fourm.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
That's interesting, so kinda of a false alert. Could you post up the case number, I'd be interested to see if they had any docs on this etc... as I could find nothing.

cyberninja
Level 6

My co-worker talked to tech support. I think a sales engineer, well his job title on his business card says Principal Systems Engineer, gave us the solution. So there might not be a case number. I was working on another issue that had a ticket in for it and the sales engineer called because I was not getting any results from the tech I was working with. My co-worked mentioned this issue and he looked into it.

cyberninja
Level 6

As I said when I do our documetion on our site I will also post what I did here.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thank you , that would be appreciated, I can then create a TN just in case this happens again in the future.

cyberninja
Level 6

This what I got so far.

It looks like the Retina Scanner thinks that Drupal runs on TCP port 5637. I have not found any info on the venders site, to say that Drupal uses this as a default port. The NetBackup Cloud Storage Service Container service (nbcssc) uses port 5637, as a default.

So the NetBackup Cloud Storage Service, which we were not using, was flagged as a Drupal on TCP port 5637. We uninstalled the NetBackup Cloud Storage Service to fix this issue.

I hope this info helps someone.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Thats super, many thx, I'll stick it in a technote.