Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate option is disabled/grayed

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

Netbackup Server 7.5.0.5

OS = Windows 2003

I am trying to duplicate a backup image from Disk Storage Unit to Tape but when I right click on the backup image under Catalog Search and right on it , I found Duplicate option is disabled/grayed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

You should visit on NBU Administration console the

NetBackup Management\Host Properties\Master Servers - pane

Select your master's properities and in the Global Attributes

increase the number in Maximum Backup copies - most probably now there is only 1. Increase it to 2 or more. If its already 2 still increase it - after that you should be able to create addtional copy of the backup image you want to duplicate.

Take a look at this screen shot:

GA.JPG

Not sure if you will not have to restart NBU services... If after doing the above the duplication still would be grayed out, restart NBU master server services.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified

You should visit on NBU Administration console the

NetBackup Management\Host Properties\Master Servers - pane

Select your master's properities and in the Global Attributes

increase the number in Maximum Backup copies - most probably now there is only 1. Increase it to 2 or more. If its already 2 still increase it - after that you should be able to create addtional copy of the backup image you want to duplicate.

Take a look at this screen shot:

GA.JPG

Not sure if you will not have to restart NBU services... If after doing the above the duplication still would be grayed out, restart NBU master server services.

nesel
Level 4

Hi Zahid,

kindly check on catalog pane > action > drop down menu if its value is "verify" If yes, duplicate option is disabled.

Change action value from verify to duplicate option from the drop-down menu, then search the image you want to duplicate. Select image, right click then select duplicate.

Hope this will help, kindly update for the development

Thanks,

Zahid_Haseeb

Nesel .. Already I did the same b4

Zahid_Haseeb

Quebek

Thanks for your kind suggestion. I did the same and increased the value from 2 to 5 and problem is resolved. But I think the old settings which was "2" should have worked, as its "2" not "1"

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Maybe you already have had second copy of this particular backup image!! To check this out run:

bpimagelist -backuid backup_id -L

and serach for backup copies...