cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating Media to another Media-Error 191

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hi all,

I am trying to duplciate a media to another media but with Error 191. Th exact error it shows is:

Oct 14, 2010 3:15:3 AM - end Duplicate; elapsed time 8:35:56
no images were successfully processed  (191)

I changed the media destination and followed the previous discission from this fourm and with the same error. The procedure, i have followed is:

--> activity monitor -->catalogs--> searched the media with a date range --> selected the media id --> duplicated it with new storage unit.

The media has image of 12TB and it was a successful backup around a month back.

Netbackup Version: 6.5.4

Operating Syatem: Solaris 10

Thanks

Arjun

11 REPLIES 11

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Refer these kb's

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58385

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54736

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check the NetBackup Problems report for the cause of the error. To obtain detailed troubleshooting information, create an admin debug log directory and retry the operation. Check the resulting debug log and post it here.

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hi Maheshroja,

thanks for the docs.. it is very helpfull to me.. but got a question..

after changing the retentation period for the media, how to duplicate the media? can you please tell me the procedure.

Thanks

Arjun

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

From GUI

Go to Catalog – Then Action –Choose Duplicate

in media id put in the id of the source tape

And choose the image which want to make duplicate

Right click the highlighted ones and choose duplicate

In the new screen
Say how many copies you want

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your responce.

Before opening this fourm, I have followed the same procedure. And after the document you have provided, i have changed the media retention period and did the same backup with no luck. I have mentioned the steps which I have done in the first thread of this fourm. Even though with the same procedure, I am having the issue 191 Error.

Thanks

Arjun

Marianne
Level 6

Riaan has suggested that you create admin log on the master before trying the duplication again.

Please also post text displayed in Results tab. Remember select  View > Full View.

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hi,

below are the log files:

13:51:03 Duplicate started Fri Oct 15 13:51:03 2010
13:51:03 Activity monitor job id = 2805061
13:51:04 INF - Skipping backup id asc-bikdb3q1_1215101326, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

13:51:04 INF - Skipping backup id asc-bikdb2q1_1215101325, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

13:51:04 INF - Skipping backup id asc-bikdb1q1_1215101323, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

13:51:04 INF - found no images or media matching the selection criteria

Marianne
Level 6

So you found the answer: 

Skipping backup id asc-bikdb3q1_1215101326, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

If you really want another copy, you will have to update your LCP.

Arjun_nbkup
Level 3

Hello Marianne,

Am trying to duplicate  copy 1 which is on media to another media. While doing so, I found this error. The copy 1 was un-successful when backuped few months back and has some images. But unfortunatley, the copy 1 retentation period was for 1 month. Its been a long time after the retention now. 

What we was trying to do was to copy the media images which was un-successful (copy 1) to another media, so that the we can have atlest some extent of the copy1 data.

While trying to duplicate the media, I found the above error.

This is the actual senario.

Thanks

Arjun

jluis
Level 4

So what I have to do if I have to duplicate a lifecycle image ??

"If you really want another copy, you will have to update your LCP."

If I update my LCP it will work with the future copies, but not with already done copies, doesn't it ?

I have to migrate images from first versions of policies that were stored in wrong volume pools with wrong media volumes. I need to move complete images from VTL media to LTO4 media.

I tried with a Vault job, but I got the same error:

12:33:19 Duplicate started Wed Jan 05 12:33:19 2011
12:33:19 Activity monitor job id = 1931626
12:33:19 INF - Skipping backup id motril-backup_1278461862, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

12:33:19 INF - found no images or media matching the selection criteria
11:10:20 Duplicate started Fri Jan 07 11:10:19 2011
11:10:20 Activity monitor job id = 1945600
11:10:20 INF - Skipping backup id motril-backup_1278461862, it is a lifecycle image that cannot be manually duplicated

11:10:20 INF - found no images or media matching the selection criteria

Please, Marianne could you provide me a procedure to achieve it ?

Thanks, in advance.

Marianne
Level 6

I have found evidence in the meantime that it SHOULD be possible to duplicate SLP images manually.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/manually-duplicate-slp-images-another-stu#comment-5037341