cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication end with status 191

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

I have been troubleshooting this issue with support for a while now, but it does seem to be a difficult one. It is a Netbackup site with a master and a mediaserver, bith Windows 2008 R2. The backup go to the media server whereI have an MDSP pool. After that the data is duplicated to tape. The tapedevice is small tapelibrary with one LTO4 tapedrive.

The last thing we did was swap the library and tapedrive because we suspected a hardware issue. Even this didn't solve the issue. I have installed all the windows patches, installed the latest drivers on the server, updated the firmware on the server and library. 

This is one joblog:
12/15/2015 2:40:13 PM - Info bptm(pid=712) media id XXX016 mounted on drive index 0, drivepath {3,0,3,0}, drivename HP.ULTRIUM4-SCSI.000, copy 2
12/15/2015 2:40:19 PM - Info bptm(pid=712) INF - Waiting for positioning of media id XXX016 on server server-fqdn for writing.
12/15/2015 2:48:15 PM - Error bpduplicate(pid=1456) host server-fqdn backup id XXXXX_1448907176 read failed, socket write failed (24).  
12/15/2015 2:48:15 PM - Error bpduplicate(pid=1456) host server-fqdn backupid XXXXX_1448907176 write failed, termination requested by administrator (150).  
12/15/2015 2:48:15 PM - Error bpduplicate(pid=1456) Duplicate of backupid XXXXX_1448907176 failed, termination requested by administrator (150).   
12/15/2015 2:48:15 PM - Error bpduplicate(pid=1456) Status = no images were successfully processed.      
12/15/2015 2:48:15 PM - end Duplicate; elapsed time: 0:10:10
no images were successfully processed(191)

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

YP75
Level 3

As per your details, you are facing the issue after replace the tape library.

Is your tape library with SAN connectivity? 

If yes, please update the WWN after swapped/replaced the tape library.

How many drive in tape library? 

May be tape drive SAN cable swapped.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Whats up with the media taking 8 minutes to position? Its probably timing out. Is this duplicated from the media server (disk) to the media server (tape), or across the LAN?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What is backup destination (duplication source )? Is duplication source and destination on the same media server? Have you tried to write test backups directly to this STU? Are backups writing fine? Have you created admin, bptm and bpbrm log folders?

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Thank you for responding. 

The environment exists of a master which is virtual and one mediaserver. The media server holds both tne tapelibrary and the diskpool. The backup server and the media server are in the same vlan.

I have tested to write directly to the tapelibrary, that failed, but that was before the library was swapped. I will try once again. 

All backups to the diskpool are running fine. 

I just had a webex session with support, they started a verrfy job to see if the data on the MSDP-pool is readable. I will share the results with them. Then they will enable more thorough logging. Although I have ran the script which creates all the logging directories. So yes all those directories exist. 

YP75
Level 3

As per your details, you are facing the issue after replace the tape library.

Is your tape library with SAN connectivity? 

If yes, please update the WWN after swapped/replaced the tape library.

How many drive in tape library? 

May be tape drive SAN cable swapped.

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Sorry for not getting back to this thread. I forgot all about it. I didn't get good respons from support about this case, and our windows support guy noticed the mediaserver was not installed properly. I reinstalled the mediaservers OS looking good at how the disks would perform the best. I did had help from support on how to keep the data in the MSDP-pool. Now my backups there run smooth also the duplications run smooth. 

So the solution was reinstall the box. I only inhereted most of the envirnment :)