cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication jobs fail - Error nbjm NBU status 830 EMM status: No drives are available

AlGon
Level 6

Hello everyone.

Netbackup 7.1.0.1

Windows 2003 Server

Here’s the setup.

Our master server is fibre attached to a VTL and fibre attached to a Dell ML6000 tape library (LTO3 2 drives).  We successfully duplicate images backed up by other media server from the VTL via this server to the tape library.

One of our media servers is attached to the same VTL. 

I’ve recently installed a new SCSI card in this media server and attached a DELL-TL2000 LTO3 tape drive (1 drive) which I also want to use to duplicate images from the VTL.

Whenever the SLP begins the duplication stage I get the following problem:

If one duplication job is using the drive, then not all but most other duplication jobs that start, fail with the error - No drives are available(2001). 

Eventually when the tape drive becomes available the failed jobs retry and succeed. 

Why don’t these jobs just queue instead of failing?

Thanks a lot in advance, this is becoming very frustrating

Cheers,

Al

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

are the drives shared between the more then one media server.....?

and when you are getting failures.. check the stuat of the drive .. form the GUI.----> `Device moniter...

based on the status you can get the idea for the path foward..

and also create the ltid log dir in the media server.. from there we can get some more info....

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you send a screen shot of your SLP so that we can see how the duplications are prioritised.

Also the Storage Unit Properties for the single drive to see if anything is wrong there

Thanks