02-20-2023 03:08 AM - edited 02-20-2023 03:08 AM
I would like to ask you or better clarify command "nbstlutil report". What exactly is considered in the number of copies? Only "images to be duplicated" or "images to be duplicated together with images that are already duplicated and waiting e.g. for expiration"?
From nbstlutil report -lifecycle xxxx I got following:
Backlog of incomplete SLP Copies
In Process (Storage Lifecycle State: 2):
Number of copies: 4028
Total expected size 22996802 MB
SLP Name: (state)
Number of copies: 4028
Size: 22996802 MB
Becasue when I want to cancel whole processing via "nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle xxxx" I got only 1876 images instead of total 4028 images, that's why I'm wondering what's included in the "total number".
Thank you for any clarification.
02-20-2023 03:44 AM
If you have modified the SLP during it's lifecycle, you need also to specify the SLP version number to cancel/report
nbstlutil cancel [-lifecycle name | -destination name] [-version number] [-before mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss | -after mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss] [-nowarn]
02-20-2023 05:09 AM
@Nicolai So far what I've checked, there is only one SLP version and that's version 2 (checked 0, 1, 3 = nothing there) with that total number 1876 to be cancelled but it does not match with the total number from the report (4028), I also used the version parameter with that command.
02-22-2023 03:32 AM
How many secondary operations you have in this SLP ?
Primary operation being Backup... how many duplication/replication jobs you have added to the SLP ?
02-22-2023 04:38 AM
there are two operations in that SLP - one for Backup which is primary operation, one for Duplication which is secondary operation. That's all.
02-24-2023 12:50 AM
looks like.. some stale entries are added to the count. Not sure if this is the right step but you can try. Note this will need some extensive logging to enable and further analysis. You can try working with Tech Support to get the right analysis from the logs
1. Enable nbstserv log -- vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o nbstserv -s DebugLevel=6
2. Enable bpdbm log -- create BPDBM_VERBOSE = 5 entry into bp.conf. make sure to have bpdbm log directory created. Delete older logs if possible.
3. Enable nbemm log -- vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o nbemm -s Debug Level=6
4. Now try to cancel the SLP, but dont do it really. I am hoping intiating cancel operation would log images list in bpdbm and nbstserv log.
5. Collect the logs for review and share it with Tech Support.
6. Disable the logging
vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o nbstserv -s DebugLevel=0
vxlogcfg -a -p NB -o nbemm -s DebugLevel=0
remove the BPDBM_VERBOSE = 5 entry from bp.conf
7. Now that you are working with Tech Support, it is also worth to capture NBSU and nbdb dump.