cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication requesting bad tape

kfh
Level 3

A tape became stuck in a drive and I replaced the drive.  However, the tape stuck in the old drive had been allocated by queued duplications.  How do I redirect the queued duplications to use a new scratch tape?  I've already suspended the tape.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

suspended tape will never get allocated to any write jobs..

however only possiblity that i am seeing is...the bad has the valid images.. and duplication job is trying to get it duplicated to another destination..

so netbackup is alloating this tape to read the data ... ( which is possible even it is suspended..)

if you dont want this tape needs to be used/mounted again... you need to sacrifice the Duplication of the images on that tape.

you need to stop duplications for the images on that  specific media...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

suspended tape will never get allocated to any write jobs..

however only possiblity that i am seeing is...the bad has the valid images.. and duplication job is trying to get it duplicated to another destination..

so netbackup is alloating this tape to read the data ... ( which is possible even it is suspended..)

if you dont want this tape needs to be used/mounted again... you need to sacrifice the Duplication of the images on that tape.

you need to stop duplications for the images on that  specific media...