cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication window doesnt pop up in the Netbackup GUI

cs3472
Level 4

Hi all,

When I try to perform duplication from tape to tape using Netbackup GUI, it doesnt come up with the window which asks us to choose to which volume pool the duplicate copy must go.

I will do a verify from the Netbackup catalog in the GUI and right click on the backup id which is required and click duplication.

Netbackup version is 7.0.1 and master server is HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cs3472
Level 4

I am able to duplicate with the bpduplicate option. Since GUI will be much more easier, we tried doing it...

We solved this issue by changing the hostname entry in the login GUI. Because someone has given the IP instead of the hostname.

Now I am able to get the duplication window.

But I dont think it has something to do with the hostname nor the IP address. As of now the issue is resolved

Thanks Nagalla for your suggestions

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you select the duplicate option from the dropdown menu which is avalible in top corner of catalog screen

it will have 3 options.. verify, duplicate and import..

make sure you have selected the duplicate option and then right click on the image and select duplicate.

if its giving even after that .. see if that giving any error in notification area..

also what is the GUI you are using.. admin console or java console?

cs3472
Level 4

Thanks Nagalla,

Yes. I first verified whether the images are in the right media. Then from the drop down i choose duplicate. From the list of backup id's which were listed below, I right clicked and choose duplicate option. It doesnt come up with any error window in the notication area.

Also the GUI I am using is admin console.. What is the difference bet these two? (admin and java console)

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

admin console is one that you open from Master or media servers locally.

Java console is to open form GUI form the Remote system.

could you try duplicate using the bpduplicate command..

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO43654

cs3472
Level 4

I am able to duplicate with the bpduplicate option. Since GUI will be much more easier, we tried doing it...

We solved this issue by changing the hostname entry in the login GUI. Because someone has given the IP instead of the hostname.

Now I am able to get the duplication window.

But I dont think it has something to do with the hostname nor the IP address. As of now the issue is resolved

Thanks Nagalla for your suggestions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

After you select the duplicate selection at the top left click the search button again so that you are "really" in the duplicate option

Then try selecting and duplicating them

Hope this helps