cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication with one drive

riad
Level 3

Hello,

I explain the situation, in my company we have net backup and dell tl4000 power vault with two drives as save robot. One of the drives is broken then we can work with only one.

The question: “is there a possibility to do duplication without the second drive???”

Thank you  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You spelled lifecycle wrong  and <SLP-name> needs to be the Storage LifeCycle policy name - NOT the Backup Policy name.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne

You need one resource (tape drive) to read from and another to write the duplicate.

A workaround could be to duplicate to disk (if you have enough space) and then duplicate from there to tape.

Probably best to get tape drive repaired/replaced ASAP!

riad
Level 3

Ok think you for your answer.

The next problem is that my colleague tried to do duplication with one drive and it failed but netbackup try again and again to do this duplication, we tried to delete the policy related with this duplication but it stills the same problem.  

The question: “is it possible to do something way that netbackup don’t try again to do this duplication???”

Marianne

.... we tried to delete the policy related with this duplication

How are your duplications configured?

If SLP, you can disable it in one of 2 ways.

Duplications can be suspended by SLP name or by destination storage unit name, e.g:

nbstlutil inactive -lifecycle <SLP-name>

nbstlutil inactive -destination <STU-name>

(Command is in ...\netbackup\bin\admincmd)

If not via SLP, please let us know.....

riad
Level 3

Yes she used SLP, the policy name is “SLP_STU-DUP-Application”.  

Then I tried to do as you sad but I received a message “cannot find specified file”.

There is a picture to understand more.

Question : “wher is the problem and what can I do please???”

Marianne

You spelled lifecycle wrong  and <SLP-name> needs to be the Storage LifeCycle policy name - NOT the Backup Policy name.

riad
Level 3

Ok I searched a little and I found the commandenbstlutil list” when I used it gives me the list in the picture below.  

Question “I did not understood where is the Storage LifeCycle policy name where is the backup id?? It is confused can you explain to me or give me an anther command easier to understand.”

riad
Level 3

The problem is resolved,I just want to thank you.without your help and a little search I was not able to cancel this recurrent duplicate thank you again.