cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication with user backup

ipmanyak
Level 5

I have the policy with type "user backup" and it is stored in a disk pool, client linux. I would like to have the copy of user backup stored in a disk pool also on a standalone tape drive ( no robot library, there one drive), that is duplication. I try in policy attribute "Multiple copy" assign additional job to tape drive. But when user backup started it create 2 job for disk pool and 2 job for tape drive and all jobs have status QUEUE and job for tape drive - pending access, well nothing works ! Any ideas or how to  make duplication to the tape drive copy of user backup for disk pool ?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

hey

Will not SLP do it for you? Just create SLP to put your intial backup image on disk pool then add duplicate step to tape... Should have worked out...

View solution in original post

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Give it a try - IMHO it should have worked - I did use SLP with user archive... so...

btw USER backup is a schedule type, while SLP is assigned in storage unit... right?

Krutons
   VIP   

The SLP would have the first job operation as 'backup', select the destination storage unit. This is where the first backup would go. Then add a second operation of type 'duplication', again select the storage unit you want the backup to be duplicated to.

Then for the user backup policy, create a schedule with 'user backup' for the type of backup and select to 'override policy storage selection' and choose the SLP that you created.

5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified

hey

Will not SLP do it for you? Just create SLP to put your intial backup image on disk pool then add duplicate step to tape... Should have worked out...

In SLP I cant use type "user backup". Its possible?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Give it a try - IMHO it should have worked - I did use SLP with user archive... so...

btw USER backup is a schedule type, while SLP is assigned in storage unit... right?

Krutons
   VIP   

The SLP would have the first job operation as 'backup', select the destination storage unit. This is where the first backup would go. Then add a second operation of type 'duplication', again select the storage unit you want the backup to be duplicated to.

Then for the user backup policy, create a schedule with 'user backup' for the type of backup and select to 'override policy storage selection' and choose the SLP that you created.

I am stupid. Really, it so. Works.