cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication

Hernan_Peralta
Level 4

help i need duplicated tapes of my volumen pool to other tapes but that netbackup make this duplication and not rman.

the backups run a script .ksh and rman collects files of backup full to bd, but i need generate copies to other tapes for custody, but need that netbackup made this not rman.

I need to double the volumen pool or made policy to duplication to be automatic.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Hernan,

If I read your question correctly, you are taking SAP or Oracle backups to disk, and you also want additional tape copies - done by NetBackup and not RMAN - correct?

You can achieve this using NetBackup SLP's (Storage Lifecycle Policies).  These will allow you to do what you are after - backup to disk, followed by an automatic duplication to tape, and all controlled by NetBackup.  Based on what you have in your post (NetBackup 7.1 or earlier, running on AIX), below is the link for the NetBackup 7.1 Admin Guide (Volume 1) for Linux and Unix.  Chapter 14 starting on page 525 explains about SLP's:

https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/3000/DOC3650/en_US/NetBackup_Admin...

Using SLP's will be the easiest way to achieve what you are after.  Below is a screenshot of one of my SLP's.  I am on a later version of NetBackup so mine will be different to yours.  Mine is also different because I use them to replicate from disk to disk between my two remote sites, and then duplicate onto tape.  Yours should look similar, but your first action will be backup (to disk), followed by a duplication to tape:SLP.PNG

To have a policy use your SLP, you change the Policy Storage - either on the Attributes tab of the policy, or on the Schedules tab by selecting "Override policy storage selection:" - and point it at your SLP.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Genericus
   VIP   

Good news - The answer using SLP works like a champ, I do it for all my Oracle backups.

Bad news - it is only for backups run AFTER the SLP is created and added to the policy.

You can set up a script that generates an image list, and runs command line bpduplicate to manually make your second copy, not the easiest solution, but it also will work.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS