cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMM server failed to process the request (78)

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I having this error when launching the Netbackup admin console.

Unable to connect to the enterprise Medi manager server. The EMM server failed to process the request (78).

I have tried to reboot the windows 2008 Netbackup master server and still unable to get the EMM service started.

When i do a check on the nbemm anf nbconsole logs i cant find any error but there isnt any activities been logged on the nbconsole when the issue occured.

So i have turned on the logs for pbx , nbemm .

Please advise what logs are required ?

master server

Windows 2008 Std SP2

Netbackup 7.1.0.1

With 10 Media servers with mixed of Windows and Solaris

4 REPLIES 4

Jitin_Tolani
Level 2
Employee Accredited Certified

was this working earlier ??  if yes then what were the changes made..

can you check server.log  verify if nbdb is up... check nbdb_ping command output.

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

this is the first time happen with this error.

Where can i find the server.log , nbu master is a windows server.Are you refering to the event viewer log?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

server.log file: Location:- C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\log

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\nbdb_ping

(Or whatever your NBU install-path is)

Have you checked for possible 'disk full' condition that will prevent EMM from starting? server.log will tell us...

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
To resolve this issue, perform the following:   1.  Execute the following command to reset nbrb requests, allocations and persisted state:   \veritas\Netbackup\bin\admincmd\nbrbutil -resetALL   2.  Check for any existing allocations still there by using the following command:   \Veritas\Netbackup\bin\admincmd\nbrbutil -dump   Note:  If allocations are still present, use the resetALL command (as above) and repeat until all are cleared.   3.  Delete that drive from either the GUI or the Command line.   4.  Reconfigure that Media Server by Drive Configuration Wizard.