cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR - Error in CoCreateInstance: 0x80040154

George_Dicu
Level 4

So we got, Linux Master server using NBU 7.6.0.1

Appliance 5220 acting as media server in a remote location (client site)

And in the same lan this server: Windows 2008 R2 64bit  with SQL 2000 on it :(

In the "Symantec NetBackup ™ 7.x Database and Application Agent Compatibility List" I can see that

SQL 2000 is supported since 7.0 and it doesnt say that in >7.0 is off support.So basicly 7.6.0.1 support sql 2000.

Database Software | Versionn    | DB Bit | OS                             | CPU Architecture | OS Bit | Start of Support

SQL Server            | 2000 SP4  | 32       | Windows Server 2003  | x86-64                 | 64        | 7.0
SQL Server            | 2000         | 32       | Windows Server 2003  | x86-32                 | 32        | 7.0
SQL Server            | 2000         | 32       | Windows Server 2003  | x86-64                 | 32        |7.0
SQL Server            | 2000         | 64       | Windows Server 2003  | IA64 [3]                | 64        | 7.0

The main error I get is:

"ERR - Error in CoCreateInstance: 0x80040154.       
CONTINUATION: - The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context."

There is a solution for this exact issue here http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35016

But it doesnt fix the issue.

P.S. No reboot for the sql server after .dll register, doesnt say it`s necessary in the tech note.

We will try this too: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH48096.html only 1st hotfix, because we have SQL 200 SP3 not 4.

Attached you can find dbclients log and Job Detailed Status Log.

What do you think It can be?

//George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think there could be some issues, as the 32 bit stuff on 64 bit windows runs in a kind of virtual machine as I understand it.

Didn't test file backup back when I did the Oracle stuff, the database being the primary concern.

Still think installing the 32 bit Netbackup Client  should be the last resort.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

I would reboot the SQL server, just to be sure that dll's are loaded.

Seen lot of windows fixes/patches/workarounds first work after a reboot.

Reading through the technote, I find a it little strange that they register the 64 bit sqlvdi.dll and not the 32 bit sqlvdi.dll. But that could because Netbackup is a 64 bit application.

If all else failed, a possibility is to install the 32-bit Netbackup Client using msiexec64, have done that for 32 bit Oracle on Windows 2008 to get the backup to work.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Pritesh_Pisal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Just found the below tech note

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35016

take alook at it.

George_Dicu
Level 4

Hi,

I am sorry thi is the technote I 1st used: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH35016.html.

The other one we are going to do after a reboot this weekend.

//George

George_Dicu
Level 4

Oh, interesting ideea, we have netbackup 64bit for this client.

I will try it, thank you.

We also do file-level backup (MS-Windows), do you think it will work if I install 32bit on the 64bit server?

//George

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think there could be some issues, as the 32 bit stuff on 64 bit windows runs in a kind of virtual machine as I understand it.

Didn't test file backup back when I did the Oracle stuff, the database being the primary concern.

Still think installing the 32 bit Netbackup Client  should be the last resort.