cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR - Unexpected EOF

cbrown2300
Level 2

/bpimport -id 016017

INF - Importing policy sp-data_TAN, schedule t_data (s19gs07a_1275545734), media id 016017, created on 6/3//2010

ERR - Unexpected EOF

INF - Import of policy sp-data_TAN, schedule t-data (s19gs07a_1275545734), was partially successful.

INF - Imported 0 of 1 images successfully

INF - Imported 1 of 1 images partially successfully

INF - Status = the requested operation was partially successful.

What happened here?  Unix system .. Netbackup 6.5 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

First, you have to import phase 1 for each media on which the backup image spans.

Perform phase 1 for each media, and try phase 2 again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

First, you have to import phase 1 for each media on which the backup image spans.

Perform phase 1 for each media, and try phase 2 again.

cbrown2300
Level 2

Look my man..  This has already been peformed using the command line windows in Unix.

You seriously need to do your research before replying here.  Not everyone uses windows.

Just reply with an answer to the thread..... Explain the reason here...

1st: #./vmphyinv -u l -h audit -verbose

2nd: #./bpimport -create_db_info -id 016017 

This syntax command was entered in the command line window.  You know what a command line window looks like in Unix? 

The next step for YOU..

#./bpimport 016017

Get yourself educated first.. learn UNIX then comment!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@cbrown2300

There is nothing wrong with Yasuhisa Ishikawa's response and therefore no need to turn this into a personal attack.

The original backup clearly spanned more than one tape. Media id 016017 is just one tape in a backup set. It is therefore necessary to do a phase 1 import (bpimport -create_db_info) of all tapes in a backup set before phase 2 import (bpimport) is done.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I suggest you cut down on the caffeine. That's the second time in as many posts that you've resorted to such comments & I'm afraid it will not achieve you anything here 'my man'.

Get yourself chilled first .... then comment!