cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all,

through installation of netbackup software I got this message :

ERROR: Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
I believe it is windows issue.kindly provide me steps needs to follow for solvin this issue.

I tried to disable and enable windows moduler  but no result.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Have you tried copying the software again, making sure AV is turned off?

Did you unregister and reregister msi using a command prompt run as administrator, otherwise it wont actually do anythung

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If you haven't already copy the files locally to the client / server you are installing.

I am guessing you may have already done that which is why you are getting the error.

If so the highlight at least the installer file (setup.exe or browser.exe), right click and select properties

In there you will see a message about the file being copied from the internet - you can there click the botton or tick the box to allow it to run

Dont have an example to hand to show you but this is similar to what has happened to me in the past and it was all down to being copied from one system to the other

You may need to select more files and do the same but it is usually the installer itself referencing the other files

Hope this helps

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
The file was used and copied to more than windows machines and the same software was used successfully. only on this machine giving this issue.nothing inside the proporties indicates that the file was copied from the internet.the windows is 2008 R2 Regards,

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Are you running as an administrator (right click - Run as Administrator) - can be caused by User Access Control on 2008.

Failing that is there any AV running? There is a postgre issue with the 7.5 client on Windows 2008 ( http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182539 ) but that does not seem to be what you are getting.

Do make sure all pre-requisites have been made - run the Environment checker from the browser.exe screen first in case something is missing

Also do it locally rather than over a TS Session

Hope this helps

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
Thanks for your response. Yes .I know that in windows 2008 need to be run as administrator. I disabled the firewall.I ran the Env.checker and it was passed successfully.but still failed. I did a new copy of the NBU software but same issue.I'm sure there are an issue with msi inside the OS.not backup software problem Thanks

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

.I'm sure there are an issue with msi inside the OS

Then you need to post on Microsoft forum....

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
thanks Marriane.I already did,but I believe maybe some body may faced before such problem through installing the bakup software!! Regards,

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Marianne is probably onto something, I've seen multiple similar issues with msi as the cause. Clearly if the same package installs ok on other servers sometthing on the server is probably the cause, unless it was corrupted when being transferred to the server. You could compare the chksum of the install files with those on a working server perhaps. Martin

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

thanks for your comment.please could you give me more details how to perform this comparing the chksum? Regards,

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Have you tried copying the software again, making sure AV is turned off?

Did you unregister and reregister msi using a command prompt run as administrator, otherwise it wont actually do anythung

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
yes I did.the same result.in the services I disable windows firewall.there are no AV installed locally. #unregister MSI # no I didnt,I will try it and comeback.

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
I also downloaded file checksum tool to verify the software integirty

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
compare the chksum of the install files with those on a working serve was matched . "unregister MSI " Sorry I forget do do it. :( Regards,