Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Unable to connect to DLO Administration Server

Goltrek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi to all.

I just installed Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option for NetBackup Console on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition (x64) with MS SQL Express 2005. When I try to open the console, I put the parameters in the boxes.

SERVER: (I tried with IP, localhost, NetBIOS Name, FQDN)

USER NAME: (DOMAIN\DomainAdmin)

DOMAIN:  DOMAIN

Then, when I click OK, the following error appears:

I looked for errors or warnings on Event Viewer, but all it's Ok. All services are Up and Running.

Can you suggest me anything to check?

Thanks

Goltrek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Goltrek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

After several days working around this issue, I decide to reinstall the platform. I cannot say what we do diferent but now I can connect to Netbackup DLO console.

I want to thank Mark_Solutions for helping me in this case.

Regards,

Goltrek

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you are 2008R2 then two things immediately to check:

1. firewall blocking communications - turn it off to test

2. User Access Control - either turn it off (needs reboot) or when you go to open the console right click and run as administrator

Goltrek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

What operating system you recommend for NBU DLO?

Hi Mark, I appreciate your help.

I tried both actions but the result is the same. As I can see, you have experience with NBU DLO, so I'd like to ask you what is the Operating System that you recommend to deploy NBU DLO?

Thank you again.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As long as the O/S is supported by DLO then the choice is yours - obviously going for a new system keeps you ahead of things and prevents supported O/S issues when a subsequent release comes out.

A couple of further things to try here:

1. make sure the database is running - you did say you had already done this but always worth double checking

2. choose another domain admin account to use, add it specifically to the local administrators group and try logging in again - or make sure the one you are using is specifically added to the local admins group

3. Make sure you rights are good:

on the DLO Administration Server where DLO is installed. The user’s account must be adomain account and must have rights to create network shares and manage permissionsof network shares and directories on any remote server used for Storage Locations orNetwork User Data Folders. This is commonly accomplished by using a domain adminaccount.

Hope this helps

Goltrek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Mark, thank you again. Last week I was out of my office, so I'm returning today to work on this behavior.

Mark, I did a double check and Yes: SQL Server service is up and running. However, I realize that there are a service that starts and then inmediately stops.  This service is Netbackup DLO Administration Service. Windows reflects that the service is started and then stopped because  this service is no longer used or needed by any other service or application.

I will continue working on this way, in parallel I'm considering to open a SYMC Support ticket.

Thank you again.

Goltrek

Goltrek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

After several days working around this issue, I decide to reinstall the platform. I cannot say what we do diferent but now I can connect to Netbackup DLO console.

I want to thank Mark_Solutions for helping me in this case.

Regards,

Goltrek