Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESL G3 - Netbackup

omar_iturbe1
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi guys,

Need your help and knowledge with a HP ESL G3 and Netbackup 7.5.0.6 on Solaris configuration

On the ESL G3 a partition was created for Netbackup Master Server, also a zone in the SAN was created, on the Netbackup Master server box I just see the ESL G3 Drives but not the robotic arm or controller.

Any one knows if is needed any special procedure to make the robotic arm or controller available for the OS and Netbackup?

Thanks ins advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you map all Drives in ESL G3  to the Master server , or only specific dirves..?

omar_iturbe1
Level 3

I map all drive

Under Configuration > Host Access > Partition 

And I can see all drive but not the controller or robotic arm

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Depending on your model these libraries usually map the robotics through one of the tape drives

Ensure that this has been done correctly on the library partition first

Some HBAs do not like multiple LUNs for some reason and that can cause an issue

I have also seen on SUSE where you scan the devices and do not see the robotics but when you run the device wizard in NetBackup it picks it up - almost as if it is masked in some way.

Double check the partition first - if you can see all drives you should be able to see the robotics - so try running the NetBackup Device wizard just in case it really does see it

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You may want to download the User Guide for this library from HP Support site:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=5113922&ac.admitted=...