Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCHANGE 2012 RECOVERY PROBLEMS

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue because of my lack of skills in recovering Exchange Servers:

I have the following issue: I want to recover a DB to anothe folder but the option is grayed out.6695649 - AnyDesk_3.jpg

6695649 - AnyDesk_4.jpg

6695649 - AnyDesk_5.jpg

6695649 - AnyDesk_6.jpg

6695649 - AnyDesk_7.jpg

So the question goes:

How Can I recover the DB of exchange to another disk?

Thanks for the Help

Regards,

Alejandro P.

8 REPLIES 8

Shaf
Level 6

Hey,

I experienced the same, i wanted to restore the exchange database to different server but was failing. then i opened a case with veritas support and support told me that we cannot restore exchange database to another server.

so in exchange database restore we can only restore to the same server we backed up with.

hope this helps.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Follow the guide https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000071540

You need to have the target/destination database created. NetBackup doesn't restore to the FS, it provides the data to exchage, hence we restore to the exchange objects.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Yes, you recover a exchange to a recovery database (recoverydb), which can be placed on any disk on the exchange server, this just requires that the exchange administrator create the recovery database before the restore.

As I remember it, the different restore scenarios is pretty well described in the exchange admin guide.

But as I see the screen dumps here you are attempting to overwrite a running database which is not allowed by exchange, unless the exchange administrator has set to allow overwrite flag on the database, which you usually only do in case of disaster/recovery of a database.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the help with this issue,

I asked help to create a new DB in the Exchange server, so I want now to make the restore and I did the following steps:

6695649 - AnyDesk_8.jpg

6695649 - AnyDesk_9.jpg

RiaanBadenhorst

Restore completed?

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

nope :(

Still dealing with this issue,

After like two hours of restore I got the following screens and no restore.

I marked the destination to USER03R to make the restore

6695649 - AnyDesk_11.jpg

The job finished marked as "incomplete"

6695649 - AnyDesk_10.jpg

and the "DATABASE" & "LOGS" ahave NULL information

PrtScr capture.jpg

RiaanBadenhorst

Post the tar log from the client.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

I would also check if the netbackup services had the logons/permissions on the exchange server described in the exchange admin guide for a exchange 2010 database restore and other prequistes is in order.

By the way a recovery database is not just a another database, it special type of database in the exchange system.

And of cause talk with your exchange administrator, as he/she can probably see if it is some kind of permission issue in the exchange application.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue