cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eject and insert tapes without modify pool.

Irys
Level 4

Hello Symantec experts.

Because an special request, some tapes needs to be eject from library, then work on them and immediatly after, tapes need be back to library, my doubt is how can I do to keep tapes in the same pool before and after the eject, and also, is there a way the images in those tapes could expire in this movement?.

Let's suppose we have a tape TP0001 assigned to pool PL0001 with X number of images stored on it and also this tape was ejected, when the tape is put it back in the library is assigned to scracth pool, that means the images were expired?? how can I keep tapes in the same pool?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Changing a tape's location does not change the pool.

Tape will remain in pool it was in before. 

Barcode rules and defaults within the Inventory GUI only applies to NEW tapes (i.e. NBU media id does not exist in the volume database).

This is assuming your tapes have barcodes and the library has a barcode reader....

The only thing that will change a pool name is image expiration and you have a Scratch pool.

When tapes were originally in Scratch, they will go back to Scratch when all images have expired.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Changing a tape's location does not change the pool.

Tape will remain in pool it was in before. 

Barcode rules and defaults within the Inventory GUI only applies to NEW tapes (i.e. NBU media id does not exist in the volume database).

This is assuming your tapes have barcodes and the library has a barcode reader....

The only thing that will change a pool name is image expiration and you have a Scratch pool.

When tapes were originally in Scratch, they will go back to Scratch when all images have expired.

Jevon
Level 4

If images expire automatically when you insert a tape into the library, how would you perform a restore?

Giving more details on why you want this may yield better results.