cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification on Client backups NBU 6.5.5

Jay_Son
Level 5

I am trying to get my Windows 2003 Client backups to EMAIL notify me if the job was a success or failed. What options (script, gui, etc) do I have or what do you recommend? Currently, I do not have NOM set up.

Master Server = AIX 6.1

NBU 6.5.5

Client = Windows 2003

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jay_Son
Level 5

In some text editors, using the word wrap option can create extra line feeds in the script and render it non-functional.

So, I deleted the all of the REMARKS and left ONLY the commands needed in the NBMAIL.CMD file.

Works great!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6

Jay_Son
Level 5

Hi Stumpr

Thanks for the info. The only concern is that this is for Windows 2008 environment running NBU 7.0. I'm looking for Windows 2003 R2 and NBU 6.5.5.

Thanks

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

The T/N Bob quoted is for all supported flavours of Windows (click on the "Show all" under Microsoft -> Windows Server 2008 R2 -> Server Core)

The actual documentation is the same for 6.x in the Admin Guides (I think a lot of these new HOWTO TechNotes just recently been brought out appear to concentrate on the procedures for the new(er) releases & tend to be excerpts from the Admin Guides but a lot can be relevant to all releases)

Jay_Son
Level 5

Still not able to receive notification after backup (incremental) completes successfully.

Here is my nbmail.cmd script: ("uncommented" what needed to be)

@IF "%~4"=="" (blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -q
) ELSE (
blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -q -attach %4
)

@IF "%~4"=="" (
blat %TEMP%\nbmail.tmp -s %2 -t %1 -q
) ELSE (
blat %TEMP%\nbmail.tmp -s %2 -t %1 -q -attach %4
)

BLAT setup was successful. Tested successful also.

C:\>blat -install x.smud.org BackupAdmins@smud.org
Blat v2.6.2 w/GSS encryption (build : Feb 25 2007 12:06:19)

SMTP server set to x.smud.org on port 25 with user BackupAdmins@smud.org, retry 1 time

C:\>blat C:\email_notification_from_sndsp01.txt -s backup_results -to jenriqu@smud.org

<Successfull>

Also,

Host > Properties > Client

In the properties dialog box, in the left pane, select Universal Settings.

In the Client administrator’s email field, the email address of the administrator to receive the notification emails is jenriqu@smud.org

What am I missing?

Jay_Son
Level 5

Stumpr or Andy.

I'm still not able to get it to email me the results of backups. help?

Amit_Karia
Level 6

If your master server is able to route mails through SMTP Server, in host properties->Client-> Universal settings  Select server sends mail and provide admin id.

but for that to happen master server should be able to communicate to  SMTP server with smtp port

from master server

try this

telnet <smtpserver> 25

Jay_Son
Level 5

In some text editors, using the word wrap option can create extra line feeds in the script and render it non-functional.

So, I deleted the all of the REMARKS and left ONLY the commands needed in the NBMAIL.CMD file.

Works great!