Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications and scheduled actions

Virtual_Geek
Level 3
Partner
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to create two email notifications and one scheduled task.

The first email will be sent once all backup jobs are complete and email will notify me of what media was used, the second is to tell me the results of a scheduled inventory run in the late afternoon.

Is this possible and what are the commands please?

Thanks
BM007

4 REPLIES 4

Jase_L
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,
There is a command called mail_bp_reports in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies directory that works for unix..
Never been much into windows but i'm sure there's something similar in the c:\<installed-path>\netbackuip\bin\goodies

As for doing an inventory and reporting the changes I've got something similar set up (again on a unix machine) that would work..
 which looks like this

#!/bin/ksh
OUTFILE=/dumpvol/logs/Library_inventry_log
WHOTO=someone@somewhere.com
MAIL=/usr/bin/mailx
case "$HARDWARE" in
        CD4000) MAIL=/usr/ucb/mail ;;
        SGI)    MAIL=/usr/sbin/Mail ;;
        SUN4)   MAIL=/usr/ucb/mail ;;
esac

/opt/openv/volmgr/bin/vmupdate -rt tld -rn 0 -use_barcode_rules > $OUTFILE
cat $OUTFILE | $MAIL -s "Netbackup Inventry output" $WHOTO

i've just put this into a cron script to run every night, 5 mins before the first backup and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

#!/bin/ksh

# Netbackup tape written report

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -A -media -hoursago 20 > /opt/openv/scripts/temp/tapeswritten.out

mail -s "Bryan Tapes Written Report" someonewhocares@mycompany.com < /opt/openv/scripts/temp/tapeswritten.out

I use cron and have it run, or you could use parent_end_notify and when your morning catalog is done have it run.

hoursago would be based on daily or weekend  would be longer, so you may have to add a if statment based on day for a 72 hour span.

Virtual_Geek
Level 3
Partner
Thanks for the replies, I should have mentioned I am looking for notifications in Windows.

Thanks 
VG

Jase_L
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

take a look in the goodies directory... might be something in there you can use..