cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Client Installation on Oracle Cluster Servers

soofy
Level 4
My Oracle server are on microsoft cluster. I need to install Enterpise Client on those server. What is the procedure to accompolish this task? Can anybody share his experince? 
3 REPLIES 3

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 High Availability Guide ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290237.pdf

If you are planning to implement SAN Media Server, this chapter is really relevant for you

Enhanced media server configuration

This configuration is supported for Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS), Sun Cluster, Service Guard, and HACMP.

In a typical NetBackup environment, the storage unit is associated with a NetBackup entity, such as the master server or media server. In the configuration that is described in this chapter, however, a storage unit is associated with the virtual name of the application in the cluster environment. The storage unit for that application is not associated with any specific node in the cluster and can failover to any node in the cluster. This guarantees that the storage unit follows along with the application, wherever the application is running in the cluster. The NetBackup master server uses the virtual name of the application as the media server name when it backs up the clustered application.

soofy
Level 4
I have not found the regarding information in 6.5 High Availability Guide.

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Information about what?

What are you trying to install/configure? - SAN Client, SAN Media Server or Snapshot Client?

I pointed on chapter "Enhanced media server configuration" for SAN Media Server. If you want more, give us an idea what are your objectives