cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Client License问题

xue_nan
Level 3

我已经安装一台Master Server和两台SAN Media Server,但我当为Media Server配置存储单元的时候出错,提示license不正确,存储单元创建失败。

于是我检查license,未发现“SAN Media Server”的字样,仅有"SAN Client"。

我不确定是否用错或缺失license,还是安装配置的问题?

Master Server安装过程中输入了所有的license,SAN Media Server安装过程中输入了以下license:

SYMC NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE CLIENT 7.5 WIN/LNX/SOLX64 1 SERVER TIER 1 STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

SYMC NETBACKUP OPTION LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE 7.5 XPLAT PER DRIVE STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

SYMC NETBACKUP OPTION SHARED STORAGE OPTION 7.5 XPLAT 1 DRIVE STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

SYMC NETBACKUP SAP AGENT 7.5 WIN/LNX/SOLX64 1 SERVER TIER 1 STD LIC EXPRESSBAND S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you seen my post above?

Enterprise Client is the name of the license that includes all normal Client (Standard Client) features plus the additional features that I have listed above:

Snapshot Client, SAN Media Server, VMware, Hyper-V.

There is no license called  SAN Media Server.
It is just one of the features included with Enterprise Client.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

xue_nan
Level 3

NBU 7.5 Enterprise Client License 有几种?哪种包括SAN Media Server license?

Marianne

Yes. Enterprise Client includes many features. 
SAN media server is one of them.

Other features:

xue_nan
Level 3

License name:

SYMC NETBACKUP ENTERPRISE CLIENT 7.5 WIN/LNX/SOLX64 1 SERVER TIER 1 STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S

Is this license  contained "SAN Media Server" features,or not?

If so, why not see "SAN Media Server" name,or other names represent the same meaning.

Why I configured storage unit for the SAN Media Server error occurs,prompt me to license is not correct.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The new 7.5 Term for a SAN Media Server is now Enterprise Client - often now called the Enterprise Client SAN Media Server

xue_nan
Level 3

The license name:

Is this license contained "SAN Media Server " feature?

If so, why not see "SAN Media Server " name in the license?

Or other names represent the same meaning.

If the license is ok,why when I configured storage unit for the SAN Media Server error occurs,prompt me to license is not correct.

Marianne

Have you seen my post above?

Enterprise Client is the name of the license that includes all normal Client (Standard Client) features plus the additional features that I have listed above:

There is no license called  SAN Media Server.
It is just one of the features included with Enterprise Client.

Marianne

When you configure Storage Unit for SAN media server, you need to select 'On Demand Only'.

See http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO90577

If the SAN Media server is attached to tape drives in a robot, you also need to add 'Library Based Tape Drive' license key.
If the drives are shared with other media servers, you also need to add Share Storage Option (SSO) license key.