cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Type Backup Directives Mapped to SQL Databases

relboy
Level 2

We run Netbackup 7.6.1.2 and Enterprise Vault 11.0.0.1351.  

We use the Enterprise-Vault policy type to backup most of our Enterprise Vault environment including the SQL databases.

I'm trying to map the Enterprise Vault databases on our SQL Server to the Netbackup Enterprise-Vault backup directives so that I can insure good backups for all EV SQL databases in our environment.

We have thirteen Enterprise Vault SQL databases. I've listed all thirteen below.

The first five databases don't seem to have a corresponding Netbackup directive so we are backing them up using an MS-SQL-Server type backup policy. The other eight databases are getting backed up using the Enterprise -Vault backup directives.

Am I understanding this correctly? Do we have to have a mixed bag of Enterprise-Vault and MS-SQL-Server backup policies to get a contiguous restorable data set?

I've read through the "Backing Up Enterprise Vault White Paper" and other documentation but maybe I'm missing something.

DataBase Database Files Directive
EVConfiguration EVConfiguration_Data.MDF and EVConfiguration_Log.LDF * No Netbackup Directive *
RSAC_Custodian RSAC_Custodian_Data.MDF and RSAC_Custodian_Log.LDF * No Netbackup Directive *
RSAC_DA RSAC_DA_Data.MDF and RSAC_DA_Log.LDF * No Netbackup Directive *
EVA_2015_ReportServer VA_2015_ReportServer.mdf and EVA_2015_ReportServer_log.LDF * No Netbackup Directive *
EVA_2015_ReportServerTempDB EVA_2015_ReportServerTempDB.mdf and EVA_2015_ReportServerTempDB_log.LDF * No Netbackup Directive *
EVFSAreporting EVFSAreporting.mdf and EVFSAreporting.ldf EV_FSAREPORTING_DB
EnterpriseVaultMonitoring EnterpriseVaultMonitoring.mdf and EnterpriseVaultMonitoring.ldf EV_MONITORING_DB
EnterpriseVaultAudit VaultDev81.mdf and VaultLog81.ldf EV_AUDIT_DB
EVVSJournalArchive_2 EVVSJournalArchive_2.mdf and EVVSJournalArchive_2LOG.ldf. EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=JournalArchive
EVVSMailboxArchive_1 EVVSMailboxArchive_1.mdf and EVVSMailboxArchive_1LOG.ldf EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=MailboxArchive
EVVSFileSystemArchive_3 EVVSFileSystemArchive_3.mdf and EVVSFileSystemArchive_3LOG.ldf EV_VAULT_STORE_DB=FileSystemArchive
EVVSGRSACFamily_1_1 EVVSGRSACFamily_1_1.mdf, multiple EVVSGRSACFamily_1_1_data_XXX.ndf files and EVVSGRSACFamily_1_1LOG.ldf. EV_FINGERPRINT_DB=RSACFamily
EnterpriseVaultDirectory VaultDevc5.mdf and VaultLogc5.ldf EV_DIR_DB
1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head.