cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200 on Sharepoint Backup

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello I have a error 200 on my Sharepoint 2007 Client backup. This backup was working perfect, but this week all the backup jobs finalice with a status 200 My policy was set for Backup Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\* Here the job details log: 8/27/2010 7:40:01 AM - requesting resource master-hcart-robot-tld-0 8/27/2010 7:40:01 AM - requesting resource master.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.sharepoint 8/27/2010 7:40:01 AM - requesting resource master.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.SHAREPOINT-SHAREPOINT 8/27/2010 7:40:01 AM - awaiting resource master-hcart-robot-tld-0 Reason: Drives are in use, Media Server: master, Robot Number: 0, Robot Type: TLD, Media ID: N/A, Drive Name: N/A, Volume Pool: Backup, Storage Unit: master-hcart-robot-tld-0, Drive Scan Host: N/A 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - granted resourcemaster.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.sharepoint 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - granted resource master.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.SHAREPOINT-sharepoint 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - granted resource 00560 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - granted resource IBM.ULT3500-TD2.002 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - granted resource master-hcart-robot-tld-0 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - estimated 0 kbytes needed 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - begin Parent Job 8/27/2010 8:22:29 AM - begin SharePoint, Start Notify Script 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - started process RUNCMD (6684) 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - ended process 0 (6684) Status 0 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - end SharePoint, Start Notify Script; elapsed time: 00:00:01 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - begin SharePoint, Step By Condition Status 0 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - end SharePoint, Step By Condition; elapsed time: 00:00:00 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - begin SharePoint, Read File List Status 0 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - end SharePoint, Read File List; elapsed time: 00:00:00 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - begin SharePoint, Resolver Discovery 8/27/2010 8:22:30 AM - started process bpbrm (7044) Status 1 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - end SharePoint, Resolver Discovery; elapsed time: 00:00:12 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - begin SharePoint, Policy Execution Manager Preprocessed Status 200 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - end SharePoint, Policy Execution Manager Preprocessed; elapsed time: 00:00:00 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - begin SharePoint, Stop On Error Status 0 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - end SharePoint, Stop On Error; elapsed time: 00:00:00 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - begin SharePoint, End Notify Script 8/27/2010 8:22:42 AM - started process RUNCMD (10196) 8/27/2010 8:22:43 AM - ended process 0 (10196) Status 0 8/27/2010 8:22:43 AM - end SharePoint, End Notify Script; elapsed time: 00:00:01 Status 200 8/27/2010 8:22:43 AM - end Parent Job; elapsed time: 00:00:14 scheduler found no backups due to run(200) Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello People
Thanks everybody for help me, I call Symantec for support about this. I receive a step by step check list for complete a Full SharePoint Backup. This fix my error.
Here the Check list:

1.  NetBackup Client version 6.5.5 is installed on all servers in the SharePoint farm, even SQL backend. (The SQL Server is part of the SharePoint farm)

2.  The NetBackup Client service is being started by a Domain Account

3.  The domain account in Step 2 has the following privileges and permissions:
a.  "Replace a process level token" and "Debug Programs" (Administrator Tools - Local Security Policy - Local Policies - User Rights Assignment) for all servers in the Sharepoint farm, backend SQL included.
b.  Local Administrator rights on all servers in the SharePoint farm.
c.  Within Sharepoint Central Administrator, the Domain Account is specified as a SharePoint Administrator
d.  The System Administrator role on the SQL Server for the SharePoint databases. 

4.  At a minimum, you must have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on all members of the Sharepoint Farm. 

5.  Under Host Properties - Clients on the Master server, under the Windows Client - SharePoint section, make sure that the Domain Account from step 2 is specified there, with the syntax as follows:  DOMAIN\Username  (not just the Username).  Do this for every member of the SharePoint farm!

6.  In the policy, the client selection is a Front End Web server for the Sharepoint portal.  The backup selection for your first policy should be: "Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\"

7.  Create a "beds" directory under <install path>\netbackup\logs\ on each of the SharePoint farm servers (SQL included)

8.  From the Front End web server specified in the policy, open the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore (BAR) GUI.  You should be able to see Microsoft SharePoint Resources objects there.

9.  Under Host Properties - Master Server, there is a Sharepoint Hosts section.  For the first field, put in the name of the Front end server in the Sharepoint policy, and in the 2nd field, the name of the SQL server hosting the Sharepoint databases.

For setting up GRT backups of SharePoint, the Media server (if it is a Windows box) and the SQL server need to be running Windows 2003 R2 (or greater) with the following hotfix applied: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947186
================================================================================================

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shans
Level 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you seen these Technotes?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/307267.htm

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/307431.htm

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/329086.htm

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello Guys
I read and check all those documentations without any results.

Any other suggestions?

HEMANPR
Level 6
I reinstall the client on the SharePoint Server 6.5.5
I cant see the SharePoint option on the restore tab. View the attachment. Past time, I saw the Microsoft SharePoint Tree on this restore windows.

Please Help. Thanks

HEMANPR
Level 6
I get the following message when I run bpresolver
Its this OK?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NetBackup reinstall would have changed the Client Service logon to the default of LocalSystem.

Verify Client Service logon permissions as per this TN (although it says 2003):

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/283976.htm

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello Marianne
I check step by step the users account permissions. Everything appear to be fine.

Oddy
Level 5
Employee
Hemanpr,

Status 200 is normally a permission problem.
Check that you have added the domain\sharepoint admin and password user under all the servers in the sharepoint farm under the host properties, clients and the sharepoint tab. If you re-install you need to add it again.
Make sure you have installed .net Framework version 3.5.sp1
Check that the netbackup client service on the server is running in this account on all the servers in the sharepoint farm and that this account is a member of the local admin and has sysadmin rights on the sql server and that it has full control is sharepoint central admin gui.
Please create following log directories on the front end server
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\beds <Look for the spswrapper log.>
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpcd
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpresolver
<install dir>\netbackup\logs\bpbkar
login as the sharepoint admin user, and Open Internet Explorer - > Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> under "Security" settings unchecked the boxes:
"Check for publisher certificate revocation"
"Check for server certificate revocation"

Try to open the backup archive and restore window and see if you can see the sharepoint tree under select for backup.

I hope this helps.

Rgds
Oddy

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello People
Thanks everybody for help me, I call Symantec for support about this. I receive a step by step check list for complete a Full SharePoint Backup. This fix my error.
Here the Check list:

1.  NetBackup Client version 6.5.5 is installed on all servers in the SharePoint farm, even SQL backend. (The SQL Server is part of the SharePoint farm)

2.  The NetBackup Client service is being started by a Domain Account

3.  The domain account in Step 2 has the following privileges and permissions:
a.  "Replace a process level token" and "Debug Programs" (Administrator Tools - Local Security Policy - Local Policies - User Rights Assignment) for all servers in the Sharepoint farm, backend SQL included.
b.  Local Administrator rights on all servers in the SharePoint farm.
c.  Within Sharepoint Central Administrator, the Domain Account is specified as a SharePoint Administrator
d.  The System Administrator role on the SQL Server for the SharePoint databases. 

4.  At a minimum, you must have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on all members of the Sharepoint Farm. 

5.  Under Host Properties - Clients on the Master server, under the Windows Client - SharePoint section, make sure that the Domain Account from step 2 is specified there, with the syntax as follows:  DOMAIN\Username  (not just the Username).  Do this for every member of the SharePoint farm!

6.  In the policy, the client selection is a Front End Web server for the Sharepoint portal.  The backup selection for your first policy should be: "Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\"

7.  Create a "beds" directory under <install path>\netbackup\logs\ on each of the SharePoint farm servers (SQL included)

8.  From the Front End web server specified in the policy, open the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore (BAR) GUI.  You should be able to see Microsoft SharePoint Resources objects there.

9.  Under Host Properties - Master Server, there is a Sharepoint Hosts section.  For the first field, put in the name of the Front end server in the Sharepoint policy, and in the 2nd field, the name of the SQL server hosting the Sharepoint databases.

For setting up GRT backups of SharePoint, the Media server (if it is a Windows box) and the SQL server need to be running Windows 2003 R2 (or greater) with the following hotfix applied: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947186
================================================================================================