cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2060029:authorization failure

Sujata1
Level 2

Netbackup version is 9.0

Backup host is a VM host (VMware in AWS - VMC). Master and media server are running on an ec2 instance in AWS.

Error:

Critical bpdm (pid=5400) image delete failed: error 2060029:authorization failure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sujata1 

When you provide more details - include the details of the backup storage (server type, disk type etc.) that relate to the deviceID @aaaab - you cut off the details in the first picture.

The error is occurring in image cleanup (cleaning up disk images after the images have expired from the NetBackup catalog). The process is unable to remove the fragments from the backup storage for some reason (permissions?).

It might help to also include the bpdm log around the time of the error.

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @Sujata1 

I know that some of the people on here are good - but you haven't given us much to go on.

Can you add some context around what is failing, what stage of the backup (?). Some more jobs details will help also. Can you also include details of what the backup host is, and has this previously worked and is now failing, or has it never worked.

Context is king.

Cheers
David

David,

Backups never ran, it is still a setup issue. I will have more details tomorrow and then I will elaborate. 

It is getting error "authorization failure", screenshot is pasted below.

Screen Shot_1.png

Screen Shot_2.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 3.44.59 PM.png

  

Hi @Sujata1 

When you provide more details - include the details of the backup storage (server type, disk type etc.) that relate to the deviceID @aaaab - you cut off the details in the first picture.

The error is occurring in image cleanup (cleaning up disk images after the images have expired from the NetBackup catalog). The process is unable to remove the fragments from the backup storage for some reason (permissions?).

It might help to also include the bpdm log around the time of the error.

Cheers
David

Thanks David for your time and quick responses.

Customer resolved it, was a networking issue.

Cheers !!!