cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 58 - Backup Fail

salcedoj
Level 2

Recieved error 2006 - drives were down.  Put them up again and ran backup and got error 58.  Was able to ping network and is live.

Please help ?

11 REPLIES 11

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The two errors are completely unrelated. Since you post title says status 58, I guess that is what we need to troubleshoot. Ping is not the only network test. You need to ensure forward and reverse lookup between media server and client as well as port connectivity. Please do the following to troubleshoot: On client, create bpcd log folder. On media server, run this command from command: bptestbpcd -client 'client-name' -verbose -debug Plese post output as well as client's bpcd log file.

LGSC4900
Level 3

Getting the same error message. See my post.

salcedoj
Level 2

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for reply back to my post.  I am very new to this application and have no idea where the log file on the client is or where I run the command in the media server :( I have the netbackup gui that I am using as well as the netbackup adic scalarai500 robot panel.

Please advise.

Mouse

See what Marianne is saying, you may have issue on DNS layer, not with network connectivity

Mouse

Here is a guide how to run bptestbpcd  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42657

salcedoj
Level 2

Thank Mouse!

I ran bptestbpcd -client 45524 and it stall.. nothing comes back?

Mouse

Well, is the 45524 is your client's host name?

Marianne

Your command is trying to connect to Client name 45524.

You did not add '-verbose -debug', so connecion actions/attempts are not displayed on the screen.

Server will keep on trying until 'Client Connect Timeout' period expires.
The default is 5 minutes, but it may have been increased on your server.

If your client name is really 45524, hopefully you have created bpcd log on client before issuing bptestbpcd command?

Marianne

You need to create bpcd folder on the client under the netbackup\logs folder.

Unix client: create bpcd folder in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs

Windows client: create bpcd folder <install-path>\veritas\netbackup\logs

badri
Level 3

provide the output for the full command which Marianne has asked that will help in understand where the problem is

chandrasekarmp
Level 4

If you have proper routing and DNS entries / host file entries in the client, then you should not have any issues with connectivity.

As Marianne said.. send us the output with bptestbpcd -client 45524 -verbose -debug output along with bpcd logs to get an idea about the issue