cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 128 - NB database recovery failed

Sumeeth_Singh
Level 3
Hi,

I am receiving an error 128(NB dtabase recovery failed) when performing a client filesystem backup.
It is a W2k3 client running NBU 6.5.3 with a W2k3 Master Server also running NBU 6.5.3.

Any ideas??

All other technotes/forums point to bprecover, however the issue is when trying to perform a filesystem backup with selection (system state and c:\)

Regards
 Sumeeth
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Sumeeth

If this is still bugging you - the only way to really know what went wrong at the time of failure, is to have a look at the logs - server and client logs.
Please feel free to contact me offline.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sumeeth_Singh
Level 3
this refers to catalog related issues, however the error occurs when performing afilesystem backup and only occurs on one of the clients.

Anything else to possibly look at?

Marianne
Level 6
Status 128 seems to be a 'red herring'. Any info in Details tab? Only other solution is to have a look at logs - master, media and client...

Sumeeth_Singh
Level 3
No info in details tab.

I have split the policy to run the C:\ and shadow copy separately - awaiting results from tonights run.

Sumeeth_Singh
Level 3
Backup has run successfully. so I guess the split did the trick, although I am not convinced this was the solution.

Marianne
Level 6
Hi Sumeeth

If this is still bugging you - the only way to really know what went wrong at the time of failure, is to have a look at the logs - server and client logs.
Please feel free to contact me offline.