cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 150

Syed_saied
Level 4

We are facing error 150. What is trouble step.

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Status 150: Termination requested by administrator.

Have you checked with your team if someone has killed any jobs?

If not, please share more info about your environment. Perhaps very busy master running low on resources?

Other possible reason in this TN:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50484

STATUS CODE 150: Backups fail with a NetBackup Status Code 150 (termination requested by administrator), despite no administrator intervention, after a client is moved from an old master server to a new master server.

Reason:
The old master server will ask for a report drive on the media server and finds out that a job is running and is not listed in his EMM database. It will send an abort signal to the media server to cancel the job.

Resolution:
When the client was moved to the new master server, the master server was successfully added to the client server list of servers, and set as the current master server.  The old master server, however, remained in the client's server list.  By removing the old master server from the client's server list, backups were able to complete successfully.

Syed_saied
Level 4

Hi Marianne,

I have only one master server, 2 drives and 7 media server.and no one kill this process because i am only administrator in my organitation

Marianne

Please tell us as much as possible about your environment:

NBU version on master server and media servers.

OS on master and media servers.

More info about the status 150 - all jobs, some jobs, specific jobs? Certain media server(s) or client(s)?

Any more info in Job details?

I have recently seen status 150 in Activity Monitor of sharepoint backup after upgrade to 7.1.0.1. Job details showed status 13.

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

Check on the following T/N http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58686 for Status Code 150 & see if any of the resulting documentation relates to your issues (in both the 'Support Forums' & 'Technical Articles' areas)

Syed_saied
Level 4

find below details-

we have Master and Media Server version is 7.0.

OS on master server is Windows 2008 R2 and some client has 2008R2 and some 2003.

i am facing this error once in a week on some jobs.its may be 2003 or 2008 client.

Marianne

Please share all info in details tab of one of these failed jobs?

Do you know if this happens during high load on Master server?

Please check if failures is seen on particular clients or particular media severs?