cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code Logs

zaadss
Level 3
Hi,

1)Whats the procedure for creating or enabling the individual required logs for the corresponding error codes?
2)If any error code occurs do we need to verify the Client or Media or Server side.
3)Frequently I experience the 13,14,24,54,71 error codes-which logs I need to enable and verify in the c:/program files/veritas/netbackup/logs.

Currently I dont have any logs configured at this path.....
Thankfull if any one help me...Its urgent..

Regards,
Zaad
5 REPLIES 5

scorpy_582
Level 6
Hi,

It is not possible to setup logging based on error codes. The logging is set on daemon/process basis.

Looking at the errors that you are getting, they all seem to be network/communication error.

Enable bpcd log on master server, media server and client in picture.

This would be the best place to start.

If the errors are during backups, check the bptm and bpbrm logs on media server and bpbkar log on the client which might give you additional info.

Another place to look for will be bperror -problems and system log of each netbackup compnents (master, media and client)

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Hi

On a client, bpcd and bpbkar are the logs where you will find informartion on why backups failed. Snapshot failure would log into bpfis log

create these directories 

c:/program files/veritas/netbackup/logs/bpcd/
c:/program files/veritas/netbackup/logs/bpbkar/
c:/program files/veritas/netbackup/logs/bpfis/

-Rajeev

zaadss
Level 3

Hi,

Can you tell the me the command/procedure to create the required directories in the specific path...
I heard that there is also a batch file to do the same..where can I Download/get it...if so how to configure only the specified directories instead of all??

Thanks in advance
Zaad

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
You could copy this & edit it, but the simplest method would be just to create "New Folders" in this logs directory (sorry - *nix, folder!) & name them as required.

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 To create all log directories, run C:\Program files\veritas\netbackup\logs\mklogdir.bat

To create only some directories, make a new folder in the logs directory and rename it to bpcd\bpbkar

-Rajeev