Error at the end of BMR restore

bonovox73
Level 4
Goodmorning everyone,

I have this landscape:
master and media server on the same server wit netbackup 7.0.1
I'm doing tests about backup and restore of phisical host with BMR solution
Client: win Server 2003 R2 Enterprise ed. 64 bit

Done everything about prepare: SRT, boot media, client backup with flags .....

Done client backup succesfully

Prepare to restore --> OK

At the end of restore, during the "finalizing" phase an error occurred on client:

FAILED TO RESTORE COM OBJECTS DATABASE
THE RESTORE OF THIS SYSTEM CANNOT CONTINUE
PLEASE CALL BMR SUPPORT

The system seems working but from server the phase of bmr taks is frozen in "finalizing" state

any idea?

5 REPLIES 5

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

R U clonning a server?
the source server is donw?

if U need to restore a server (DSR) w/ your  source server up. U should make sure that no policy will run at the source and  make an alias at hosts file.

<detination IP>  source-host-name   destination-host-name

bonovox73
Level 4

I must to restore a client backed up previously, same hardware
What do you mean for resource server? Master server - media server? Of course they are up.
Any policy run when restore was running.
I don't understain where I might put the alias, hosts file? where, master server? and why alias

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

Check status of your backup. Maybe there is a warning regarding some of System State / Shadow Copy Components objects.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

This could be related to not restoring "/System_State/COM+_Class_Registration_Database/Database" properly in BMR restore environment. Even as some guys stated above, backup might not be successful for this database.

During BMR clean-up, it loads "CATSRVUT.DLL" and runs method RegDBRestore(...) to load the restored COM database. Now ony bmrcleanup log can tell exactly the problem was. It could be faillure during the DLL load or method execution or not having COM database at place.

You can check bmrcleanup log and search for this keyword "RestoreComPlus(". You will see some failure cause here.

Thanks.

-Mandar

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sorry about the time off

There is a howto in download area, made by Zahib,

BMR usually use the DNS to restore, I really dont like to link my backup environmet to another environment (Here the Dns is a MS Server and I do not know who make this)

so My backuo environment have the name ip on /etc/hosts on each server and the mater server

I had a lot of problems w/ baremetal restore because of the name server,

ex: I got a partition error because of the name

I think U should set the /etc/horts iin both sides

u can do something like

192.168.2.200 SVPRODJAVA SVDEVJAVA

than U should be able to restore the SVDEVJAVA and the SVPRODJAVA to the IP 2.200

I hope it helps.

DNS servers almost make me kill -9 someone :)