Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error bpbrm, problem with sun4v

Zed11
Level 2
Hi

This is my first post hire :)

I am trying to backup Sparc server, Solaris10 but manual backup is partially finished.
05/26/2010 13:38:01 - Error bpbrm (pid=15061) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed to discover System. (1)
05/26/2010 13:38:01 - Error bpbrm (pid=15061) BMRERR: Received BMR error: BMR information discovery failed. (1)
05/26/2010 13:38:01 - Error bpbrm (pid=15061) BMRERR: Did not receive bmr client request from emaback, status = 0
05/26/2010 13:38:01 - end writing
05/26/2010 14:14:22 - end Parent Job; elapsed time 0:36:27
the requested operation was partially successful (1)

I found that we are having problem with client sun4v platform, and hire is info from Symantec NetBackup documentation:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/325328.pdf

page 49.

BMR Client and Boot Server support for Sparc-sun4v servers is available in the NetBackup 6.5.5 release. For support in previous NetBackup releases contact Technical Support who can provide NetBackup 6.5.x EEBs for BMR in a sun4v environment.

Did you met this problem before and how can I get EEB for NetBackup6.5.4 that will fix my sun4v problem?

Thanks
Zed11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Zed11
If you need to know how to contact Technical support, go to this link:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=15143

On the right-hand side of the page, you will find a link under Common Topics to Contact Technical Support

Support might ask you the same question I have: Why not upgrade to 6.5.5 or 6.5.6?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

then to get the EEB you will need to contact Technical Support:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

***EDIT***
Touche Marianne! cheeky

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Zed11
If you need to know how to contact Technical support, go to this link:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=15143

On the right-hand side of the page, you will find a link under Common Topics to Contact Technical Support

Support might ask you the same question I have: Why not upgrade to 6.5.5 or 6.5.6?

Zed11
Level 2
This was very fast :)

Thanks

Zed11
Level 2
And I forgot, I can't go with upgrade because NetBackup is a part of bigger solution that is working fine ant it is in production, I don't know how it will afect whole product.

Thanks again 

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

As Marianne states, upgrade is an option (if allowed) & is straightforward.

If you're happy that this post is resolved, mark Mariannes post as the solution. You can then come back & start a new discussion if you have any issues with upgrading (if you go that route!).

Good luck with your endeavours!

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
& Mariannes query about upgrading. sad