Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error import tape LTO4 in LTO6 Drive

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

All,

I have a request from user to restore data from LTO4 tape cartridge that already expired and the only drive we have is LTO6. We all know LTO6 drive still can read LTO4 tape, but in import phase 2 none of them is success. I have serach thorough the forum, but only have for backup process not import process.

Best regards,

Iqbal 

29 REPLIES 29

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

Marianne,

In which step on import NDMP tape i have to choose NDMP STU? I check there is no NDMP STU in phase 1 or phase 2. 

This is the lastest import tape attempt 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need to have a NDMP STU defined in your environment. This STU must be selected for phase 1 and 2 import.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

I have NDMP storage defined in STU but not appear in Import Phase 1. 

Marianne

So, the NDMP hosts are not available in the drop-down list of media servers?

I wonder if you could try bpimport from cmd.  The command line normally has more options available than the GUI.

Remember to change one of the hcart3 drives on chosen NDMP host to hcart. Although LTO6 can read LTO4 tape, densities in NBU must match.

Marianne
Seems you will have to use bpimport from cmd. Well, at least phase 1 where NDMP host can be specified. bpimport-create_db_info -id media_id -nh ndmp_host ..... (See NBU Command Ref Guide for more info.)

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

sorry for late respons, error 191 still occur. 

Log file from \netbackup\logs\admin, maybe can help.

Marianne
Did you use bpimport from cmd to specify NDMP host to do the phase 1 import? You will have to expire previous phase 1 import by normal media server first.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

I repeat phase 1 bpimport from cmd but i dont realize have to expire previous phase 1. Ok this time i will expire phase 1 import first.

Marianne

Any luck with phase 1 import with NDMP host specified in the command?

Please add a log file with -L option and post the resulting log and all text in Job Details.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

Dear Marianne,

Still same error occur, i will call support for this. It is has been a while since user requested a restore.