cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error nbjm (pid=5113) NBU status: 2009, EMM status: All compatible drive paths are down, but media is available

spenukon
Level 4

Hi

I have been trying to fix the below error for NDMP backups. Any help would be appreciated. The drive paths keeps going down.  No changes have been made recently. It was working fine before and suddenly giving lot of issues.

Here is the error.

Error nbjm (pid=5113) NBU status: 2009, EMM status: All compatible drive paths are down, but media is available
All compatible drive paths are down but media is available  (2009)

Thanks

Sai

13 REPLIES 13

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Are the drives connected directly to your NDMP server or a media server?

Have you checked the system logs? If not, have a look and see what is reported at the time when the drive paths go down.

How many drives are affected?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Sounds like a direct drive connection issue - though is does say that the drives are DOWN which indicates that they exist but are actually down

What can you see in Device Monitor for the drives? If any of then or their paths are in a down state then UP them

spenukon
Level 4

Yes the drives are connected directly to NDMP.

I checked the system logs and i see the following errors.

ioctl error on Drive4 (device 0, /dev/nst0) thru sg driver, Success

2 drives are affected and those are the 2 drives that's connected to that array.

spenukon
Level 4

The path keeps going down when it's in use. I tried bringing them up again but it does the same thing.

Twinkle_Sapra
Level 5
Certified

Check if tapes are not stucked in tape drives ?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If these drives are in a library controlled by another host (media server) then run robtest from the media server to see if anything is in the drives - that should tell you also which slots they came from so that you can check if those slots are empty

I have seen a lot of drives stuck going down due to incorrect tape loading procedures if a slot gets filled that belongs to a tape in the drive

If you find that then move the tapes from the drives to a free slot and update the inventory in NetBackup after which you should be able to UP the drives

Also check the library web GUI (if it has one) to see if that is reporting anything.

spenukon
Level 4

I found out that the fibre cable attached to tape drives was disconnected from switch, so we connected the cable again. We see the fibre logging in the switch. I rediscovered the tape drives on the server. Now I see the tape drives listed in the scan command output but I still see error in the gui. When I try to up the path, it says, unknown drive name. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Re-run the device wizard to re-discover them correctly - if the fibres are now swapped around the paths will have changed

The device config wizard will update the paths

Also remeber to refresh the Admin Console and do the UP from the device monitor section and not in activity monitor

spenukon
Level 4

I re-ran the device wizard and everything seems to be working right but one of the path is still down. I also rebooted the library.  I am getting below NDMP error when i try to run the NDMP backup.

Error bptm (pid=28419) cannot open ndmp device c64t0l0, error code 7 (NDMP_IO_ERR)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Is anything getting logged on the filer - can it see the drives?

Not sure what filer you have but each one has various commands that can be run to scan its devices

spenukon
Level 4

We have EMC NS480 connected for NDMP backups. Can you let me know what are the commands to check in the filer.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See commands in EMC Cellera section of the NDMP Appliance Information

tpautoconf -verify celerra_host
to verify connectivity

To verify devices:
tpautoconf -probe celerra_host

Ask your NAS admin to check system logs for errors.

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified