cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error nbjm(pid=5256) NBU status: 800, EMM status: The robotic library is not defined in EMM resource

XiaomingFan369
Level 3

I got error message when I run each backup job in Netbackup Administration Console 7.6.01

Error nbjm(pid=5256) NBU status: 800, EMM status: The robotic library is not defined in EMM resource request failed(800)

I did reboot ererything even the whole Window 2003 box, but still not working

I also deleted devices include robots and drives, and redo "Configure Storage Devices", stil got same error

Below is information I can provide :

E:\Program Files\Veritas\Volmgr\bin>tpconfig -l
Device Robot Drive Robot Drive Device

Type Num Index Type DrNum Status Comment Name Path

robot 0 - TLD - - - - {3,0,0,1}
drive - 0 hcart2 1 UP - HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.000 {2,0,0,0}
drive - 1 hcart2 2 UP - HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.001 {3,0,0,0}
robot 1 - TLD - - - - {4,0,0,1}
drive - 2 hcart2 2 UP - HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.002 {4,0,0,0}
drive - 3 hcart2 1 UP - HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.003 {5,0,0,0}

E:\Program Files\Veritas\Volmgr\bin>vmoprcmd -d

PENDING REQUESTS

<NONE>

DRIVE STATUS

Drv Type Control User Label RecMID ExtMID Ready Wr.Enbl. ReqId
0 hcart2 TLD - No - 0
1 hcart2 TLD - No - 0
2 hcart2 TLD - No - 0
3 hcart2 TLD - No - 0

ADDITIONAL DRIVE STATUS

Drv DriveName Shared Assigned Comment
0 HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.000 No -
1 HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.001 No -
2 HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.002 No -
3 HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.003 No -

E:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpstulist

Label: nmin62k3l07-hcart2-robot-tld-1
Storage Unit Type: Media Manager
Host Connection: nmin62k3l07
Number of Drives: 2
On Demand Only: no
Density: hcart2 (14)
Robot Type/Number: TLD (8) / 2
Max Fragment Size: 1048576
Max MPX/drive: 2

Label: nmin62k3l07-hcart2-robot-tld-0
Host Connection: nmin62k3l07
Robot Type/Number: TLD (8) / 2

Label: nmin62k3l07-hcart2-robot-tld-2
Host Connection: _STU_NO_DEV_HOST_
Robot Type/Number: TLD (8) / 3

Label: nmin62k3l07-hcart2-robot-tld-3
Host Connection: _STU_NO_DEV_HOST_
Robot Type/Number: TLD (8) / 3

E:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>nbemmcmd -listhosts

NBEMMCMD, Version: 7.6.0.1
The following hosts were found:
server nmin62k3l07
master nmin62k3l07
ndmp NetApp
Command completed successfully.

Any ideas to resolve that ?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Difficult to say too much with the details you have provided ...

However ... - the vast majority of the causes of this error are config related.  I appreciate you have readded the device, and that is where I would have started.

You have two libraries, if you removed both, have they gone back with the same robot number as before.  If tld(0) is now tld(1) you will potentially have issues.

On simple set-ups (that is not too many drives/ libraries etc ...) I usually delete devices using nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -allrecords.  The advatage of this is it completely clears the tables in NBDB that hold the config. The downside is that is removes ALL robots and drives from everything.

I would be temped to do the above, and put the libraries/ drives back being very careful that what was library tld(0) goins back as tld(0), and what was tld(1) goes back as tld(1).  To do this, simply add just one library first in device wizard (this should then be tld(0)) and then go back and add the other, this should be tld(1).

Also, be sure that the density type remains the same as it was before, eg drives show as hcart2 in your outputs, have they always been hcart2, or did this get changed when you re-added.

The reason these config changes described above can affect things, is because the storage units are related to the robot number and density.

Eg.  A typical STU name may look like this

nbmaster2-hcart3-robot-tld-0

As you can see, the density and robot number are 'embedded' in the STU.  So if the denisty of roobot number changes, but the STUs are not recreated, you can see the mis-match.

Another option, could be to just delete the STU and recreate them, though you would have to update the policies after.

If you do delete things again, recrate as the used to be, and cancel the wizrd just before it would normally create the STUs.  If the config is set up the same, the original STUs should match.

View solution in original post

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You seem to physically have 2 robots (TLD 0 and 1) with 2 drives each but you have storage units configured for 4 robots - 0, 1, 2 and 3.
Any jobs going to STUs for robots 2 and 3 will fail with above error.

Delete storage units for TLD 2 and 3 and ensure policies have only STUs selected for TLD 0 or 1.

If you have STU group(s) configured, remove non-existing STUs.

The issue resolve finally

I found I didn't delete storage units completely. I deleted storage unit in Device Manager, that is nor clear storage unit at all.

I go to storage unit categlory and delete two deveices again, then I reconfig storage device, everything works.

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Difficult to say too much with the details you have provided ...

However ... - the vast majority of the causes of this error are config related.  I appreciate you have readded the device, and that is where I would have started.

You have two libraries, if you removed both, have they gone back with the same robot number as before.  If tld(0) is now tld(1) you will potentially have issues.

On simple set-ups (that is not too many drives/ libraries etc ...) I usually delete devices using nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -allrecords.  The advatage of this is it completely clears the tables in NBDB that hold the config. The downside is that is removes ALL robots and drives from everything.

I would be temped to do the above, and put the libraries/ drives back being very careful that what was library tld(0) goins back as tld(0), and what was tld(1) goes back as tld(1).  To do this, simply add just one library first in device wizard (this should then be tld(0)) and then go back and add the other, this should be tld(1).

Also, be sure that the density type remains the same as it was before, eg drives show as hcart2 in your outputs, have they always been hcart2, or did this get changed when you re-added.

The reason these config changes described above can affect things, is because the storage units are related to the robot number and density.

Eg.  A typical STU name may look like this

nbmaster2-hcart3-robot-tld-0

As you can see, the density and robot number are 'embedded' in the STU.  So if the denisty of roobot number changes, but the STUs are not recreated, you can see the mis-match.

Another option, could be to just delete the STU and recreate them, though you would have to update the policies after.

If you do delete things again, recrate as the used to be, and cancel the wizrd just before it would normally create the STUs.  If the config is set up the same, the original STUs should match.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You seem to physically have 2 robots (TLD 0 and 1) with 2 drives each but you have storage units configured for 4 robots - 0, 1, 2 and 3.
Any jobs going to STUs for robots 2 and 3 will fail with above error.

Delete storage units for TLD 2 and 3 and ensure policies have only STUs selected for TLD 0 or 1.

If you have STU group(s) configured, remove non-existing STUs.

I found I didn't delete storage units completely. I deleted storage unit in Device Manager, that is nor clear storage unit at all.

I go to storage unit categlory and delete two deveices again, then I reconfig storage device, everything works.