cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred during initialization. Could not read logging configuration file.

bills
Level 5

NBU 7.1.0.3, master SLES10, media servers RHEL 5.5 and 5.6.

The master and two media servers are at site1, the other two media servers are at site2.

I'm seeing the following error in the majority of standard type backups at site1:

bpbrm main: from client <client>: ERR - Error occurred during initialization.  Could not read logging configuration file.

The backups finish successfully (status 0).

I see this on all but a handful of clients at site1, across both media servers, but NONE of the clients at site2.

I've read a few posts saying it's a problem with /etc/vx/vrtslog.conf on the media server, but that is identical across all four media servers.

I've read others saying there is a problem with /usr/openv/netbackup/nblog.conf, but two hosts at site1 (one of which gets this error and one of which doesn't) have identical nblog.conf files.

I read another post indicating a possible problem with libstdc++ versions, but they are identical on the above two hosts as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This error message seems came from clients. Please check on each clients if conf files exist and "vxlogview -p NB -o Degfault -l" works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This error message seems came from clients. Please check on each clients if conf files exist and "vxlogview -p NB -o Degfault -l" works.

watsons
Level 6

Agreed with Yasuhisa, the log config file should be in client.

/etc/vx/vrtslog.conf

If the file is missing, copy it from another client or reinstall Netbackup on that client.

bills
Level 5

Thanks guys - it does appear to be the vrtslog.conf file on the client.  The reference I found point to this file on the media servers, and a different file on the clients, so I didn't even check for it.

Bill