cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring SharePoint document alternative SharePoint site

MikeM11
Level 4

Hi,

I have granular backups working fine in both my production and development environments.

I want to perform some restore tests of single items, sites and eventually a full DR recovery of production in Dev.

I am finding the documentation around the restore process lacking detail and hoped someone could assist me?

What DAR mapping are needed to create a relationship between the production SharePoint 2010 environment and the Dev environment?

Ideally I would like to restore a single document into the document library of the development site but can happily restore to a folder structure but am getting Status 2810 errors whatever combination of settings I use.  I am suspecting that Distributed Application Restore Mapping may be to blame but assistance would be appreciated.

I am running NetBackup 7.1.0.4 on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise and SharePoint 2010.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MikeM11
Level 4

Update:  I have been advised by Symantec support that cross-SPX-farm restores of documents is not supported.  That would explain the errors and difficulty in getting this configured.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MikeM11
Level 4

Update:  I have been advised by Symantec support that cross-SPX-farm restores of documents is not supported.  That would explain the errors and difficulty in getting this configured.