Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to BMR Windows 2003 R2 using Netbackup 7.6

dicky_23
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All,

I'm doing tested Bare Metal Restore Windows 2003 R2 on my Production server to development server. The Backup was succesfull but The restore was failed after the windows had been installed an create a directory BMR on drive C:/BMR/WINTT/Program Files. Below was the Error

BMRRST.exe Entry Point Was Not Found

120px_error.jpg

Thank for any kind of help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

katlamudi
Level 4
Employee

Hi dicky_23,

No, you can use Fast Restore SRT to recovery Windows 2003 as well, unless your client being recovered has Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows installed during backup.

You can find below line NB7.60.x admin guide.

"Legacy restore is typically preferred when the client to be restored is using Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows (SFW)."

Even in such situations also, if client's OS volume is not under SFW, one can perform "OS-Volumes" only recovery using Fast SRT and can recover rest of the volumes manually.

It is not specific to OS type being recovered. 

regards,

Katlamudi

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

In Activity Monitor what code did the restore fail with? In the details for that job what did it say?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to give us more info about the restore destination.

Was restore done to similar or different hardware?

What BMR preparation steps were taken before restore was started?

NBU 7.6 patch level on master and client?

Is this P2V restore or P2P?

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

May be compaitibility issue

NBU OS Compatibility Guide

dicky_23
Level 3

Hi All,

On the activity monitor not showing job restore activity. Only on BMR Task the SRT was QUEUE. 

i uploaded the logs from bmrrst logs from netbackup.

Marianne
Level 6

Still no answers to yesterday's questions:

Was restore done to similar or different hardware?

What BMR preparation steps were taken before restore was started?

NBU 7.6 patch level on master and client?

Is this P2V restore or P2P?

dicky_23
Level 3

Hello marianne,

I'm restoring to same hardware.

Physical to physical.

For BMR steps, i create SRT legacy using win 2003 R2 installer. Using Copy Server Configuration, no volume being unmap. I tried boot from cd and PXE , the result still the same.

I'm using NBU 7.6.0.1, do i need patch the master/media server and the agent client?

Marianne
Level 6

I am not a BMR expert - just trying to help here...

I am curious about steps like modification of BMR Client Properties with destination client's new IP  and MAC addresses, Client  'Prepare to Restore' and 'Prepare to Discover', etc.

The log that you have posted is from 29 Dec.
Maybe try again and take screenshots of each step?

Have you verified basic network comms between destination client and master?

AnayK
Level 2
Employee

Hi dicky_23,

I'm actually not able to see the image you uploaded clearly. But it seems you are hitting some exception while either running the EXE or loading a DLL given the error "Entry Point Was Not Found".

Could you please try replacing bmrrst.exe and bmrrst_EN.dll and any other file you suspect would be the cause with ones from another SRT that's working? Also could you please upload a bigger image?

One more question is, any specific reason you are doing a Legacy restore rather than the WinPE "Fast restore"?

Thanks,

Anay

dicky_23
Level 3

Hello Anay,

I already try to copy paste the msvcrt.dll but it seems doesn't work. Why i'm using SRT Legacy because using the fast restore only for Windows 2008 R2 . on the admin guide it said we have to use the OS Legacy SRT. 

I tried to BMR the windows 2008R2 on the server i used to restore. All running well, is it Win 2003 not compatible for BMR?

katlamudi
Level 4
Employee

Hi dicky_23,

No, you can use Fast Restore SRT to recovery Windows 2003 as well, unless your client being recovered has Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows installed during backup.

You can find below line NB7.60.x admin guide.

"Legacy restore is typically preferred when the client to be restored is using Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows (SFW)."

Even in such situations also, if client's OS volume is not under SFW, one can perform "OS-Volumes" only recovery using Fast SRT and can recover rest of the volumes manually.

It is not specific to OS type being recovered. 

regards,

Katlamudi