cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when restoring BMR Client

Aurelien59
Level 4

Hi all,

we have a backup of a client (HP Proliant DL 380p, WIN 2008r2 x64, with NBU 8.0) that went perfectly, and today we need to restore it.

but we get an error during the restore, at the step "Formatting Drives". Error is : The restore has stopped due to the following error:The configuration is missing information.

so we thought it might miss the SMART card drivers. However, even by recovering the drivers for this model for Win2008r2, Win2012 and Win2012r2 and adding them manually to the SRT, the restore fails at same step.

so, maybe we do not get the right drivers? If anyone could help me about this?

We have also tried to inject the drivers by using the Driver Package Wizard, but it fails at step "Processing Files" with error: At least one file referenced in the inf file is missing.

Any help will be welcome.

(master/boot server & client are running win 2008 r2 and nbu 8.0)

6 REPLIES 6

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

did BMR collection job work ok when original backup was taken? When you review client configuration in BMR\Hosts\BMR Clients, does it look ok (does it correspond to the restored system, specially in its Volumes section)?

If no clue, create BMR logging subfolder, expecially bmrrst, and rerun the restore attempt.

Regards

Michal

Hi, Thanks for reply

The BMR backup jobs was successfull (0). The client configuration look like the restored system.

I think that it could come from SMART wrong drivers. I already tried differents drivers for Win2012r2 : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/driverHome?sp4ts.oid=5194969&pmrsr=0 but no one seems to apply well.

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

have you rerun restore attempt with bmrrst folder created?

Michal

I wonder if manual insertion of drivers with the BMR assistant is mandatory?

When doing a BMR backup, aren't the drivers integrated systematically into the netbackup BMR drivers database used to create SRT ?

Michal, i already had bmrrst folder created.

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

looks that system volume was created ok, but data volume creation failed.

Try to run Prepare To Restore first, with "Restore system volumes only". Then run BMR restore. When this restore will be ok, you can subsequently attempt data volume creation/formatting/restore directly from OS.

regards

Michal