cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while add credentials for storage server.

psingh
Level 4

I got an error on AIX while adding credentials.

Invalid credentials for type <server_type> server <server-name>

Authorization failed for OpenStorage server <server_name>

8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you provide some more details please ...

What O/S and NBU version is your Master Server

What type of Storage server are you tyring to create here (you have edited out the Storage Server type)

What is the full command you are running

As much detail as possible to give us a clue of exactly what you are doing here

Thanks

psingh
Level 4

What O/S and NBU version is your Master Server

>AIX6.1 with NBU7.1

What type of Storage server are you tyring to create here (you have edited out the Storage Server type)

> using OST/hydraStor

What is the full command you are running

>/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/../../../volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -storage_server <serverName> -sts_user_id test_user -password test_passwd -stype NEC_HYDRA

I just want to perform a simple backup operation that take backup from NBU server to storage server.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If you have ensured all commincations work (using hosts files etc if you need to - no firewall etc) and the the appropriate OST plugins have been installed properly then i think the command you actually need to use is as follows:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server <hydra_name> -stype NEC_HYDRA -media_server <media_server_name>

(you may also need -st 9 in the command)

Not 100% on this but give it a whirl

muhanad_daher
Level 6

Sometimes the Database on Master server have corrupt table and case like this problem.

William_Jansen_
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi

I just want to check, are you absolutely sure you are installing the right OST plugin. IE the correct software for the correct OS/version/platform/architecture?

Regards

William

psingh
Level 4

Hi Mark_solutions

I have already created storage server, but the problem occured while adding credentials for that storage server. For add credentials, I have already mentiond the command I used to.

muhanad_daher
Level 6

i suggest open case with Symantec Support.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Any update on this? Have you tried adding the credential via the GUI?

Also, from experience, if you have issues it is worth re-starting the NBU services and closing / re-opening the Admin Console after a failed attempt as things do see to get cached which affects subsequent attempts