cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while configuring MSDP on Media Server

Aurelien59
Level 4

Hi all,

According to this installation guide https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/25074086-127355784-0/v24332600-127355784, I am stuck at step 8, with this error (see attached jpg) :

"Configuring media server deduplication pool srv-xxxx-systeme call failed(11)

Reconfiguration failed for storage server PureDisk:srv-xxxx. systeme call failed"

Reading "reconfiguration" would mean that I already configured it before, but not.

I would like to send you logs, but I would have to be told which ones and how to get them.

Thanks for helping me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I finally managed to configure the disk-pool by doing this:
Removed stall entry Media Server in NBU Database: nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename <xxx> -machinetype media
Removed STU Basic associated with Media Server

Then I modified some bad entries in the registry, then I restarted the master, then the media, and finally I was able to finish the configuration, and finally I started a backup.

Thanks for your help. :)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems that the 'storage path' (configuring dedupe pool) portion failed.

Do you have a separate volume for MSDP? 
Did you specify a folder name along with the drive letter in 'Storage Path' field?

See the link in step 5:
5. On the Storage Server Properties panel, enter or select the properties for the deduplication storage server.
See MSDP storage path properties.

My storage volume is M: (M:\NBU\) for MSDP and this is what I typed at step 5.

Would I have made a mistake by skipping a step before doing this setup?

Marianne

Have you checked if any files and folders have been created under M:\NBU during NBU installation?

See if any log folders and files have been created in M:\NBU\logs. 

There are actually folders that have been created in M: \ NBU and in the Logs folder there are 2 files that I join to this post

I finally managed to configure the disk-pool by doing this:
Removed stall entry Media Server in NBU Database: nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename <xxx> -machinetype media
Removed STU Basic associated with Media Server

Then I modified some bad entries in the registry, then I restarted the master, then the media, and finally I was able to finish the configuration, and finally I started a backup.

Thanks for your help. :)

Marianne

Okay - you never mentioned that you had Basic Disk. 

There were also all sorts of references in the logs to parameters that already existed in  contentrouter.cfg. As if there was a previous MSDP config (or attempt).